Only people mentioned by lightbeing in this post can reply
Cindy Brauneker @CJGrandma
01 March, 03:39
In response Light Being to her Publication
I agree. Plant them everywhere....💞💓

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Generica Persona - ONE VOICE donated @akalaurel
28 February, 09:01
Wonderful and necessary, please plant where ever possible!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Sheila Abrams @Peeved_Patriot
26 February, 04:59
I did this last summer on my sidewalk in front of my house. It made for great converstions as well.

Sheila Abrams @Peeved_Patriot
26 February, 04:59
I did this last summer on my sidewalk in front of my house. It made for great converstions as well.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 05:30
In response Sheila Abrams to her Publication
That is so awesome!

Scott Tuck @rubbertuckie
26 February, 04:43
their entertainment will be from drunk squirrels! 🤣🤣

Mocheezeplz ... donated @Mocheezeplz
26 February, 04:30
It def sounds like a great idea and I wish it would work but just putting fruit trees and vegetable plants in the city won't end the way you think it will.

I worked at a Community Garden for 3 years in the City. Ppl would just pick veggies/fruit, take a bite and then throw it on the ground. And the amount of water needed crazy - esp for fruit trees.

Having gardens in city centers is more about educating ppl and teaching them how to grow it on their own than it is about providing them food.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 05:39
In response Mocheezeplz ... to his Publication
i agree...but this is a starting point

Candie Mattos @Makenamm
26 February, 02:10
Way Cool!

Candie Mattos @Makenamm
26 February, 02:17
In response Candie Mattos to her Publication
Ways to monitor for care. Barter would be a starter-access for keeping care. other ideas to assisting with this idea to work.

Cara Sallila @Brandons_Love19
26 February, 01:30
i LOVE THAT IDEA! ❤

Gail Canty @Gcanty
26 February, 01:26
i find this idiotic. fruit takes massive amounts of dedicated care. street people will not do it or have the tools and knowledge. take the money that woulf be spent and feed the people

Cara Sallila @Brandons_Love19
26 February, 01:40
In response Gail Canty to her Publication
Idiotic? Wow.... How about hiring people who can take care of the trees... Gives a Job to a Gardener and helps people get much needed real vitamin C. and the left over fruit can be taken to "The Place" you suggest to feed the people. It literally is feeding the people. i hope you have a better day and cheer up!

Mocheezeplz ... donated @Mocheezeplz
26 February, 04:09
In response Gail Canty to her Publication
I was thinking the same thing. Permaculture projects would work better but with everything ppl take advantage.

I volunteered at a community garden. Had lots of food. Homeless ppl would just walk up, grab like 10 okra, take a bite out of 2 and throw the rest on the ground.

Hey, I’m here for the party @hereforThePatriotParty
26 February, 01:04
love this. in bermuda the taxi driver tells us everyone here is free to pick from the fruit trees & government encourages people to live off the land, especially for medicinal remedies. then he says, not like in america, not like your government!

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 01:21
In response Hey, I’m here for the party to his Publication
lets hope that starts spilling over into America..it can start right here, right now

Hope Always888 @HopeAlways888
26 February, 12:48
I have been saying this for years. Every town park should have berries, fruit trees. We should live to give, with full hearts of love.

Hope Always888 @HopeAlways888
26 February, 12:48
I have been saying this for years. Every town park should have berries, fruit trees. We should live to give, with full hearts of love.

Janet Sweet @JCS
26 February, 12:29
i think that idea been around long time

Silent nQmQre @silentnQmQre
26 February, 12:01
pretty, yes great idea...out here our homeless are called bears so we are careful not to plant things like berries and apples...they love them and they also like dogs. 🤔🥴🙃

Terri Wilbeparadise @wilbeparadise
26 February, 11:43
😉🌴🇺🇸I used to talk about this years ago. Makes sense to me!

Walker Colt @Jugobeer
26 February, 11:35
I didn't realize that fruit would grow year-round. Even the warmest states, with the possible exception of Hawaii, can't grow fruit year-round, outside.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 11:38
In response Walker Colt to his Publication
thats ok.....most homeless are out on the streets in the better weather....some is better than none...and think of all the air cleaning the trees would do

Heather Nicolson @Heather_Nic17
26 February, 11:33
This is a brilliant idea! ❤️

Candace Hilgers @DogluvR
26 February, 11:16
I love this idea❣️

Huntress 101 @Huntress101
26 February, 11:16
that is a great idea but how would you control persons picking them all and selling them.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 11:20
In response Huntress 101 to her Publication
if everyone has enough.....the problem should take care of itself...no one would need to buy any...problem solved.....supply greater than demand.

Zen Medic (Gabriella) @CueMedic17
26 February, 11:13
A group of caring residents in San Fran, Ca. tried to do this to feed the homeless but S.F. city leaders said NO! Many planted anyway😁🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 11:15
In response Zen Medic (Gabriella) to her Publication
Good for them..Time to up the game.

Warrior for Truth @Warrior_for_Truth
26 February, 11:13
That is a wonderful idea! ❤️

Romanian Qanon @Romanianq
26 February, 11:12
They shut it down in Romania 20 something years ago for the reason that they were making to much mess on the sidewalk/street

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 11:17
In response Romanian Qanon to his Publication
cant be any worst than snow or ice....theres always parks and playgrounds

Julie Allen @NurseJulzabelle
26 February, 11:09
Brilliant idea and is actually feasible!

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 11:10
In response Julie Allen to her Publication
yes it is!

Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
26 February, 10:59
marvelously simple!

Only followers of this user (imat) can see their posts

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 10:55
In response imat 2021 to her Publication
time to change that culture mindset...

BumbleBeeZ Patriot @BumbleBeeZPatriot
26 February, 10:53
This is the law of the land in Thailand.

So much fruit is available everywhere... people feel free to pick from any tree as they're walking along.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 10:55
In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication
now its time to be the law of our land......beautiful!

Ittap Forfreedom @HopefulAmerican60
26 February, 10:50
That is the best idea I've seen yet!

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 10:52
In response Ittap Forfreedom to his Publication
I know amazing....lets all start locally...suggest to town offices....

Tina Griffith @mileymasters
26 February, 10:48
That's fantastic. And beautiful. There's draw backs ( rotten fruit, fruit rats) but I'm sure it's better than dealing with starvation.

Angela Medler @AMedler
26 February, 11:55
In response Tina Griffith to her Publication
Pruning, water, fertilizer. People seem to think you just think you are going to plant a tree in concrete and it is magically going to survive and produce fruit as seen in the photo. It won't. Everyone should pitch in and help out and do the work to reap the benefits, but sadly, they don't. Looks good on paper though.

Gini Caradori @GiniBird
26 February, 10:42
I had another idea the other day.

You know how you have sharing libraries all over the place?

What about Sharing food boxes. People can put canned goods or other non-perishable items in them as well as bottles of water.

Free for anyone who is in need.

I love the fruit tree idea, too.

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 10:43
In response Gini Caradori to her Publication
you go! start right there in your community...post the successes... it will catch on.

Starry Peacock @Starry_Peacock
26 February, 10:35
😀I agree! It's gorgeous *and* edible

Light Being @lightbeing
26 February, 10:36
In response Starry Peacock to her Publication
where do we start?