Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
How has some of our tech gone so backwards! This is amazing!
11:33 PM - Jul 18, 2022
Only people mentioned by Awake_Elf in this post can reply
Lisa Sistare @lsistare
21 July, 03:02
In response Awake Elf to her Publication
wow! I so want this fridge.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
21 July, 08:19
In response Lisa Sistare to her Publication
It looks so handy, I really love the removable fruit and veg compartment

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
M and M Peanuts @MrsC
20 July, 02:13
I've noticed that with photography. I've viewed pictures and videos from the late 1800's to the early 1900's and they are sharp and clear to where you can make out every detail and yet in the 60's & 70's we were introduced to Polaroid and Kodak instant cameras where everybody thought they were the hottest thing and yet the pictures came out very grainy and distorted. Talk about going backwards in technology. And then out of nowhere the 35mm camera show up.
πŸ“ΈπŸ“·

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
20 July, 05:03
In response M and M Peanuts to her Publication
That is really interesting, I will have to check out old photos more closely. My mum has a heap that were passed on to her.

Soul Shine @soulshine
21 July, 04:12
In response M and M Peanuts to her Publication
One of the factors in the clarity of image reproduction is the size of the film/negative, also called format. The larger the format the better the reproduction quality. Also the type of film used affects image reproduction. From the mid 1800's to the late 1920's large format, glass plate negatives were common.

BeaglesSay,... Biden crime family donated @Milldee
19 July, 01:34
I want that fridge!!

Gole Gora @Aragon
19 July, 09:10
American engineering when MADE IN USA meant something.
#wwg1wga

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 10:57
In response Gole Gora to his Publication
Australia has lost so much manufacturing in the last 30 years.

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 10:57
In response Gole Gora to his Publication
Australia has lost so much manufacturing in the last 30 years.

Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
19 July, 09:00
😍

Oliver Jaxson @Jennifer_ojs
19 July, 08:35
So interesting to see your post! I recently watched an old episode of the Brady Bunch and noticed how modern all their appliances were. Their vaccum cleaner too. The style looked European and way more modern than todays US kitchen. I noticed the same thing on the Dick Van Dyke show. When my MIL’s fridge went out, the repairman said a fridge today is expected to last 7 years. You can feel and see the degradation. I bet that fridge in your video was German designed. Everything is so well thought out and has it’s perfect use/place.

CM_ Patriot @IMPatriotRU
19 July, 09:06
In response Oliver Jaxson to her Publication
and those fridges lasted for decades with little maintainence

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
20 July, 12:06
In response Oliver Jaxson to her Publication
7 years is just ridiculous, no wonder there are so many appliance companies now!

Only followers of this user (Gohdee) can see their posts

Brave Grace @Tejasgirl
19 July, 01:00
I saw a video on a pretty ingenious kitchen layout from the 50s. The things that were built and we’re mind blowing. Don’t know why every kitchen does it have every single one of them.

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 01:32
In response Brave Grace to her Publication
Seems a lot of modern things arent that practical as they use to be.

Pink Totter @Totter
19 July, 12:53
More than likely that fridge is still in someone's garage or basement, might not be so pretty anymore but still keeping things cold! They were made to last, have mother in laws old freezer in the basement, it may even be older than husband is and he's 59. It use to be if someone wanted a new, bigger appliance they passed down their old one, now we are lucky if appliances last more than a few years.... adding to landfills.

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 01:33
In response Pink Totter to her Publication
I take function over prettiness any day :)

TheBest isYet2Come @Candidiam17
19 July, 12:50
That's right... it's so evil how they've kept the last 3 generations from technology that they had.... keeping us distracted with cheap shit, creating consumers out of us, all the use-and-throws.... and gradually tracking us with everything they had us buy. there was much more advanced stuff than anything they've let out to us in the last 100 years

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 01:34
In response TheBest isYet2Come to her Publication
yup, the stupid shit your fridge can do now like surf the net, remind you what groceries you need....but cant have decent functioning systems like this one.

TxQ Vibes @txcuevibes
18 July, 11:57
i was happy mine makes craft ice and has doors/ bins for my drinks, ill be sad when it fails in a couple years...heck who am i kidding months!
grandma had all the mod cons!

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
19 July, 12:10
In response TxQ Vibes to his Publication
It is just wrong our appliances are so wasteful now, my nan would roll in her grave thinking I have gone through several fridges/vacuum cleaners/washing machines already :(

American Girl @Americangirl
18 July, 11:51
the kida expressions are priceless 🀣

American Girl @Americangirl
18 July, 11:51
In response American Girl to her Publication
kids* expressions

Plassstic Man @Plasssticman
18 July, 11:39
My Mom had the same freezer in her garage from the 70's. A few years ago my brother's girlfriend decided to be helpful and defrost it with an ice pick. She killed it instead.

Since then Mom's been through two newer freezers. This newer junk is designed to fail.

Free Bird @DCast
18 July, 11:53
In response Plassstic Man to his Publication
Yep, Quality over stupidity & love of money

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
18 July, 11:59
In response Plassstic Man to his Publication
I would have been devastated, this is the most useful fridge I have ever seen!

These roll out shelves and the removable fruit and veggie compartment are just brilliant ideas!!!! I swear I am living in the wrong times, give me the olden days lol