Martin Geddes @martingeddes
We know that physical and mental health are linked. But what I am (a bit late in life) finding is that both flow from spiritual health. This has beauty, gratitude, acceptance on the upside, and grace, mercy, forgiveness on the downside. The spirit of each behaviour needs understanding, and we have to stop making friends with our demons.

If I can describe the problem well, it is due to being pretty fallen, so don’t mistake wisdom for virtue. Indeed, the more fallen you are, the more the sky paradoxically fills the view. My sky is enormous. I still struggle with undesirable spirits, including wanting death when everything feels too much.

But rather than flail myself for the behaviour that follows, I am slowly acquiring the skill of focusing on the holy spirit, which is the only path to peace and reconciliation. It seems mental health professionals will do everything mind and body, and nothing in spirit, trapping you as a permanent customer.
08:04 PM - Jan 19, 2023
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
Angel Doc @Angeldoc
24 January, 02:19
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
Not me as a psychologist - I tried to do my dissertation on spirituality and its role in therapy but I realized that was going to be an unwinnable battle - so I focused on something else. In my practice I ALWAYS asked - what guided the person's life - what was their "philosophy" - this left it open to religion, something more vague, etc but opened the door. I had many a client who would've NEVER disclosed certain things who felt free to open to me - they knew I was accepting and like to integrate that piece into whatever work we were doing. I ALWAYS felt that the persons' spirituality was a very important aspect that needed to be discussed - now that is with longer, more insightful clients. For those who wanted more problem-solving stuff I could facilitate that as well. More of an EAP model. Sometimes I miss my career. Other times I feel like i'm still at it, just not "on the clock".

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Faith Lee @Estherfootprints777
23 January, 02:17
TY FOR SHARING
Yeshua's blessings of supernatural peace, love and strength to you🙏💗

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
some one special to some @godrus
20 January, 06:44
Time can either heal all wounds or wound all heels.
I'd rather be more willing to accept surrender than die on a crumbling.
Time and Tide waits for No Man.
We all die alone.
But how do we choose to do that: either gracefully and gratefully, or Bitter and resentfu? Those choices are ours to make.
I say, Be Grateful for it All. Cherish your humanity and all of your experiences (Good/Bad/InBetween) for It is the story of your life.
And be gentle on yourself.
Life is hard.

Telesia Birdwell @Telese
20 January, 06:16
🙏Well, I will tell you right now that the evil one is in a battle to have you. The one thing I have learned is that he wants you because you are a prize. "He" doesn't give this much energy to everyone. The fact that he is desperate and has put this amount of energy should give you courage that you are one of the spiritual select. One of God's workers in the field. You have a gift and that old serpent the liar is jealous. It is a battle that you and God will win! God Bless! 🙏

Not Important @Notimportant
20 January, 03:10
Honestly & i don't like thinking it in this human mindframe, but in my deep deep deep inner depths, a flicker of light says we wanted to know how far we could go & still fund our way back ...the ultimate hide & seek 👀😳

Sal Redmon @Sal_Redmon
20 January, 10:58
Every soul counts Martin, glad you are self-aware and will never, ever, give them that. It matters too much, no matter how painful it its.
#FightBack #NeverGiveUpNeverGiveIn 🙌🏻
✨🕊✨

Jay Dee @JAYDEE
20 January, 10:45
Heard. the one liners and pics to keep the mind fuk game going is becoming non-entertaining form 'idols' here and there. Say what you want and stop the mind fuk games! Martin-thanks for your words.

--- Shewie donated @AngelsNamed
20 January, 10:45
I love Dr. Harville Hendrix books.

Chonita Nigus @Chonita
20 January, 10:39

Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
20 January, 09:31
The advantages to asking God to put us back together rather than medications etc is HIS welds beat anything man can do. He points out areas we have to heal so we then clean the wound, He washes it with Grace & welds it shut…the time involved is dependant on us. He won’t do His part till we have done ours. And the cleaning out wounds on our part HAS to happen FOR HEALING. No skipping that part or it will become worse as in trying to just medicate it into submission. End up with a festering mess. Humble graduate of the school of hard knocks here.

Haint Blue @HaintBlue
20 January, 09:12
Experience begets understanding. Peace, I believe, lies directly between happiness - misery on the spectrum. It is perfectly centered and exists as a destination. The journey of admission & acknowledgement followed by penance & pain opens the path to healing & acceptance. Self-loathing and negativity are tactics from the dark side. Fight them with self-respect and love of self. We all have this battle within us. Rip the mask off of evil and call it out. It will cower once it is exposed. Works for me :)

Jason VanDerpoel donated @IamJason913
20 January, 08:57
Ephesians 1:13
“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

UM EK17 Q1111 @GaDawg3
20 January, 08:39
The spiritual is the most important and the Holy Spirit is the greatest teacher of them all. He is real and He is ready to lead one into all truth and understanding if one just believes on and allows Him. You are not alone my friend. Thanks for all you do and share. WWG1WGA WW. 🙏

Asino D'oro @thegoldenass
20 January, 08:07

Kristopher Anderson ~X~ @kanderc
20 January, 06:41
You are correct. Ive seen quite a few shrinks over the past 10 yrs. Started with male shrinks, I od'd on my own meds many times. Then I finally gained some wits and would only see female doctors. Finally ended with a female nurse practioner about 6 yrs ago. Stopped taking any pills they had me on. I guess you could say finding knowledge in spiritualism, having personal experiences with some higher powers is what helps me hang on and my focus on God. 5 yrs ago I never knew the word Awakening resonated more with spirituality and the universe. I have had some very amazing and friendly "phenomena" help and guide me along my journey.

Only Forward @Callibird
20 January, 06:35
i couldnt agree with you more…there is a path to healing and it does begin with our spirit and God (Father Son amd Holy Spirit)

i hope to be part of the first wave of healers counselors therapists and teachers that God uses to restore and rebuild others and change the field of “mental health” for good…replacing it with the TRUTH about who we are…our real identity in Christ.

Mor Creed @Morcreed
20 January, 06:15
So true! My wife is a psychotherapist and Christ comes at the forefront of her practice. Her business motto is Empowering wholeness for Body, Soul and Spirit. Knowing who we are in Christ and who God created us to be is key to healing. We are clothed in Christ Jesus and Blameless in they eyes of God our Father.

Bee Bee @BxAx17
20 January, 04:52
Martin, oh Martin...
So true
Your transparency is so powerful
By being vulnerable open fallen by letting go by making space you let the truth shine
The less you search the more you find
All this dots connecting at such speed now
Even admitting that we call death a friend when its too hard
Man you make us feel so part of something, so on the same path of growth, so different from one another but with the same demons to fight
The Spirit, our Soul
To let it all go so that it can shine
Nothing else matters
All the phisycal tricks we used to hide (addictions mostly to anything actually) things, experiences...
All the mental "escapes" we used (accumulating " knowledge" of some sorts, stuffing our heads with stories, again things)
None of these tricks work anymore
If there is no light in the Spirit, lightness, an absolute painful courage to be 100%TRUE to ourselves...well we aint going anywhere
Again to TRUST oneself
To be "naked" pure,to return to that innocence to let go of

Bee Bee @BxAx17
20 January, 04:56
In response Bee Bee to her Publication
to let go of all fears
To LOVE
So many of us feel the same way
Broken
Nowhere to hide
Not even wanting to hide anymore
This need of beauty, of bliss
Of CLEAN
Its coming
Its coming from the inside out
By cleaning ourselves we will make it all shine
Thank you so much for opening up
We are warriors
Warriors of the Heart
You are such a beautiful soul💙

America First @AmericaFirst17
20 January, 03:48
They say those of us who are awake at this time during this war agreed to come to earth when we heard the call to save humanity.

One question:

WHAT THE FUCK WAS I SMOKING?!

That's me on some days.......

But, I wouldn't choose to go back to sleep if you begged me to.

War soon over.

May God and the Angels help us all to get over the finish line in one piece.

20 January, 03:40
Martin, I totally get what you're saying, fren.

Things will get better whenever we decide to go within and meet the God creator flowing through our being.

How?

Take time to be alone with yourself. Eliminate the noise and chatter. Run away from the tv. It is mostly poison. Hide any video games - total distraction.

Sit still and meditate. See in your minds' eye HOW you wish to be, what you wish to change. FEEL how great it is. Give thanks.

Prayer - I don't care your religion. One God. Read spiritual text out loud. I go to my favorite psalms.

Bring to your heart daily what it is that you want. As you do this, just say Thank You.

Rinse and Repeat.

Jason VanDerpoel donated @IamJason913
20 January, 12:55
It gets better brother, keep going, we are all right here with you, all the way my good friend. Love You Man.

Eagle Soul -Z ✝️ donated @Eaglesoul
20 January, 12:48
Martin, you are, perhaps,the most openly honest human being i have ever come to "meet" in this life...and i am 70...Hugs and love to you...💞💗💞

Hope Always888 @HopeAlways888
20 January, 12:14
Here's the other one. Hang in there. Things will get better. Never lose hope.

https://youtu.be/pyBwvXBcz...

Law & Physics @physics171
20 January, 12:10
We need our own source of bliss in which Dan Winter teaches along with many levels of wisdom.
Beautiful soul.

https://www.youtube.com/wa...
Follow Your Bliss, Rainbow & Rainmaking AND Alchemy & Gravity Physics- Dan Winter & 'MyFamilyThinks - YouTube

Follow Your Bliss, Rainbow & Rainmaking AND Alchemy & Gravity Physics- Dan Winter & 'MyFamilyThinks I'm Crazy' Podcasts , What a Rollicking conversation ...

Freedom Fighter @JRFREEDOMFIGHTER
20 January, 10:40

Notice: Undefined variable: text_temp in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 175

20 January, 12:02
I still get tears in my eyes when I hear this song. A connection with GOD is home to me. It took me a long time to realize it.

https://youtu.be/6cLUlU0Jn...

Lois Lane @Desrev01
20 January, 12:00
Martin there are times throughout life where we lose direction and search for the wisdom we need to continue the journey. We were chosen by God to live through this historic timeline. And God has provided for us. Start at Proverbs Chapter 1 through 4 and then continue. Our answers and direction are there in God’s Word. He stands beside us and constantly forgives us. Every day is a new and different battle. His Light will guide us. Face the Light and run toward it. He is waiting for us to reach the Finish Line. God Bless You. We will find each other someday in the palm of His hand.

19 January, 11:54
I agree about mental health professionals leaving out spirit. One day at a time. There's a few songs that I used to play when I was in my 20s and I was really struggling with depression. I felt like I was totally alone and every day was a struggle to keep going. I wish I knew about magnesium then. Anyway the 2 songs were Hold On Hold Out by Jackson Browne and Wings That Fly Us Home. I stay the happiest now with music. I am going to find you those songs.

20 January, 03:44
In response Hope Always888 to her Publication
Fren, tell me more about magnesium linked to depression, please.

I Am 354 ThatwhichisTwelve @S33K3R
19 January, 11:46
Perhaps "why" I have branded myself a "Spiritual Life Coach", rather than hanging that Psych degree on a wall behind a sterile desk.

Until we reconcile the God within?..., the illusion of separation will continue to gnaw at One's heels...

💗🙏

Texas Cowgal @Texascowgal
19 January, 11:12
We all fail. God has mighty plans for you! God has this! Give whatever troubles you to Him every day and take in His peace! 🕊

Here KittyKitty @HereKittyKitty
19 January, 10:33
Spot on, Martin.
Years ago, I had a friend who had a controlling spirit; she loved trying to tell everyone what to do (especially her poor husband), yet her own life was out of control. She called me one day to hammer me about something ridiculous. When I finally hung up, I felt like I had been physically beaten, & a voice said to me "If you just kill yourself now it'll all be over." I've NEVER had a thought like that; I knew it was that spirit from her. I commanded it to go in the name of Jesus Christ, and it left immediately. I tried several times to tell her there was something oppressing her, but that made her angry (well, the demon was angry because it was exposed). She made many destructive choices from listening to that spirit; even wound up beaten & hospitalized, but still couldn't figure it out, even saying "Why does this keep happening to me?!"
Felt sorry for her, but walked away from the drama; it was toxic.
Nothing is worth your peace.

Sal Redmon @Sal_Redmon
20 January, 11:02
In response Here KittyKitty to her Publication
100% this👆🏻