John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
Question of the day:

Why are you paying more than something is worth?

Where I am atm basic food stuffs are dirt cheap. You can have rice and chicken for under a dollar. If you can't afford that there are restaurants that will feed you for free, you just ask. You can buy a new shirt for $3 and new pants for $5 or less. No brand names but you can eat and dress for around $1.50 a day. Basics are cheap. You want a sugar drink? It is about $20 a case.
Why are Americans paying $30-50 for underwear?
Why are the retailers charging that much?
Simple, because you pay it. Stop paying more than something is worth and you will see prices fall like leaves. Stop keeping up with the Jones's. That is mocking bird making you do that. No one cares what label is on your clothes, car, or food. You think they do because you do. Stop caring and start living a brand free, amazingly fulfilled life.
05:04 AM - May 03, 2021
Only people mentioned by Jamesbridgebuilder in this post can reply
Gigi 1217 @AnneM1217
20 May, 02:57
In response John Qpublic to his Publication
amen...I hope that people start this practice! it is an amazingly free way to live!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Adolph Medina @IfWalker
04 May, 11:35
1 Timothy 6
5 useless wrangling's of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.
From such withdraw yourself.
6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry
nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into
temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the
love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced
themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
05 May, 12:52
In response Adolph Medina to his Publication
Exactly.

Laurie Wilson @Micah6_8
03 May, 02:16
Homesteading gives you a different perspective on life. I make most of our clothing and copy clothing patterns to make my own patterns, we cook and bake from scratch (no chemicals in our food), we raise our own meat, dairy, eggs and a chunk of our fresh produce. Using heirloom seeds, you never need to buy more ;) I make cheese and other dairy products, homemade wine from local wild blackberries and plums, I'm am herbalist and use herbalism first before going the chemical medical route.

Takes years to learn, it can't be a fad thing where you try and give up. At the end of the day, I've earned my aches and pains from working hard - not from sitting on a couch watching videos/movies or playing video games and eating from packages.

If more people returned to a reality based, natural way of living - and were able to barter instead of using money, I think we would all be better off (and no taxes if you barter)...

It can be done...but most people aren't ready for this lifestyle.

Shelby Hinton @Shelbseekstruth
03 May, 11:31
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
We are just beginning our homesteading adventure. Sometimes times i think, "I've totally got this. Now I'll learn how to do such and such." But then I get overwhelmed and start feel lost in how to keep up.

05 May, 12:19
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
I totally agree. It is not an easy life but it is very fulfilling. I hope when I am done I am able to return to this way of life.

Joyce Zikursh @CountryJoy
03 May, 10:54
Well said! I don't shop places where it costs an arm and a leg for over-priced goods. I don't buy 'brand name' clothing, and never have...and never, ever, have I worn clothing, shoes, or anything that has their logo visible plastered on it (think on it: : that means when you buy clothing, etc, with their giant visible logo, you are actually paying THEM to advertise their product for free?!) I buy timeless clothing, not trendy, and it never goes out of style. I have an outfit I bought, and only wear for special occ. I bought 30 years ago, still fits,it doesn't look out of style, and is in better than excellent condition. Everyone always comments on how lovely it is and asks where I bought it lol...hint: I bought it in excellent shape at G'Will. I also compare pricing, whatever I buy, and find there ARE good deals to be had no matter what I'm looking for. I don't impulse shop/buy. Back in the '50's, "keeping up with the Joneses" was not something folks looked on as a positive trait. I

05 May, 12:12
In response Joyce Zikursh to her Publication
You seem like a very smart person. Spread the word.

arba happihr @arba
03 May, 09:34
Well said!!! Thanks for your post.

Alcyone 777 @Alcyone
03 May, 05:38
That's the catch Lil Iodine, the cheaper stuff is at walmart and Mcdonalds. If we support local and buy Mom and pop, there overhead is so much higher and they have to charge more. So, how to we buy cheap like John Q suggests and not support the Big Box evil stores like Walmart and McDonalds and seriously, who wants their crap. I prefer to shop local mom and pop and am okay with paying more for it. I'm going to by organic hemp cotton clothing, Furniture made in the U.S. and organic whole fresh foods and its going to cost me what it does. I like many do not want to live on junk foods and wear itchy il fitting clothing. Everything is relative. None the less, everyone I know price shops. The days of keeping price tags on things are decades old. People want value, they want a good deal and look for it.

03 May, 05:50
In response Alcyone 777 to her Publication
It has to be that way if we want to keep our way of life. Soon the junk will be $50. Bigger is not better.

Vicki Merivale @MrsMerry
03 May, 05:37
budget shopper all my life, thru raising kids and now in the winter of our lives. we did our own renovations, still do. never had a lot of money, still dont. happy as pigs in mud too as far as this screwed up world allows, and cannot wait to see it all turned around for futire generations.

03 May, 05:48
In response Vicki Merivale to her Publication
Amen and good on you. Keep it up!

Alcyone 777 @Alcyone
03 May, 05:32
😂 You have no idea just how much Americans expect to get what they want. There was a time, when everything we bought was made in the U.S., high quality, built to last forever, furniture, cloths, cars, food, it was made local and it was good!. Then, junk from overseas and especially china started pouring in, tech with planned obsolescence, everything became thinner, diluted, cheaper in quality in everyway, yet prices stayed the same. The only way to get the better quality foods and clothing was to pay a higher price. I bet your coke has cane sugar. Ours has a disgusting amount of High Fructose Corn Syrup which causes diabetes. So people have to buy more expensive brands to get a better quality soft drink. Cheap cloths from over seas, are thin, shrink and distort in shape after a wash, or are so synthetic they don't breath. People have to get the more expensive quality brands. Americans are spoiled, gluttons and materialistic at large. People on welfare here eat Steak. You mean well.💛

03 May, 05:47
In response Alcyone 777 to her Publication
Americans were taught to think that way. It was bred into them from when they were old enough to understand. The clothes here are not the crap they send to America, that stuff is junk like you say. Everything here is made of cotton or has a majority of cotton in it. It is cheap because the people are poor. They can only pay so much so they are only charged so much. That is my point though. We think that more expensive is better but we made it that way. I would rather buy 30 shirts for $2 than one for $60. Soon that shirt won't be $60 anymore. America buys brands not quality and we tell ourselves it is because it will last longer but in truth we only wear an article of clothing around 20 times before we replace it, some even less. What does quality matter if it is replaced before it wears out? Some are like me and keep the same things for a decade or so but most don't. Bigger and better is a must. We just need to change how we think if we want change to happen.

Lil Iodine @Lil_Iodine
03 May, 05:20
Amen! I hope everyone heeds your beautiful message. At this time, we need to be consciously spending more than ever by making sure we are not supporting corrupt organizations or contributing to price inflation. Buy at fair prices from local/small businesses and be conservative on what you spend.

Above all, this is a spiritual awakening! We need to try to shift our attention away from things of "perceived" value and invest our time and resources into things of REAL value such as our inner peace, our connection to God, our relationships, and our passions.💓🙏

03 May, 05:36
In response Lil Iodine to her Publication
Exactly. A new phone has no value compared to a hot meal. I would spend the phone money on making sure I had a lot more of things I need and not what I want. God is free and so is love. I stocked up on both:)