John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
03 May, 05:04
Question of the day:

Why are you paying more than something is worth?

Where I am atm basic food stuffs are dirt cheap. You can have rice and chicken for under a dollar. If you can't afford that there are restaurants that will feed you for free, you just ask. You can buy a new shirt for $3 and new pants for $5 or less. No brand names but you can eat and dress for around $1.50 a day. Basics are cheap. You want a sugar drink? It is about $20 a case.
Why are Americans paying $30-50 for underwear?
Why are the retailers charging that much?
Simple, because you pay it. Stop paying more than something is worth and you will see prices fall like leaves. Stop keeping up with the Jones's. That is mocking bird making you do that. No one cares what label is on your clothes, car, or food. You think they do because you do. Stop caring and start living a brand free, amazingly fulfilled life.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Laurie Wilson @Micah6_8
Homesteading gives you a different perspective on life. I make most of our clothing and copy clothing patterns to make my own patterns, we cook and bake from scratch (no chemicals in our food), we raise our own meat, dairy, eggs and a chunk of our fresh produce. Using heirloom seeds, you never need to buy more ;) I make cheese and other dairy products, homemade wine from local wild blackberries and plums, I'm am herbalist and use herbalism first before going the chemical medical route.

Takes years to learn, it can't be a fad thing where you try and give up. At the end of the day, I've earned my aches and pains from working hard - not from sitting on a couch watching videos/movies or playing video games and eating from packages.

If more people returned to a reality based, natural way of living - and were able to barter instead of using money, I think we would all be better off (and no taxes if you barter)...

It can be done...but most people aren't ready for this lifestyle.
02:16 PM - May 03, 2021
In response John Qpublic to his Publication
Only people mentioned by Micah6_8 in this post can reply
John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
05 May, 12:19
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
I totally agree. It is not an easy life but it is very fulfilling. I hope when I am done I am able to return to this way of life.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Shelby Hinton @Shelbseekstruth
03 May, 11:31
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
We are just beginning our homesteading adventure. Sometimes times i think, "I've totally got this. Now I'll learn how to do such and such." But then I get overwhelmed and start feel lost in how to keep up.

Laurie Wilson @Micah6_8
04 May, 10:31
In response Shelby Hinton to her Publication
Best thing when starting out is to tackle one or two new things at a time - when you get it down, move on to another one or two. That way you can do well at something and be able to do it well in the future - while learning new things.

Also, break things down into seasons. In late fall and winter learn things you can do indoors like canning, dehydrating, sewing, planning your garden, etc. In late spring you start your seedlings and plan what needs doing in spring/summer (be flexible, but prioritize and also make sure x is done before you start on y, etc so it flows well).

Take one animal on at a time (sheep and goats are similar in some things, but vastly different in others - copper kills sheep, but goats need it for example).

You'll get there. Every spring you can look back at the years before and be surprised at how far you've gotten. It is a JOURNEY, not an overnight camping trip ;) Enjoy it, be happy, help others - its a good life.

Take breaks too...don't burn out.