Jason VanDerpoel @IamJason913
Best thing I heard last sunday was a pastor asking his congregation if they believed people who never come to their or any other building but stay at home can receive the same blessings from God that they feel they receive by showing up each week - then he said its a personal relationship - wonder how many "pastors" say this openly to their brothers and sisters these days ?
05:05 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Only people mentioned by IamJason913 in this post can reply

Only followers of this user (Treetone) can see their posts

Jason VanDerpoel donated @IamJason913
07 April, 07:16
In response Tree Tone to her Publication
Just feel the Love and hold to that my fren.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
MARY L. KIRBY BRYANT @MARYLKIRBYBRYANT
06 April, 07:10
In response Jason VanDerpoel to his Publication
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Romans 16:17

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
06 April, 07:12
In response MARY L. KIRBY BRYANT to her Publication
God Bless You Mary.

Daughter Of The King @RRLeath
06 April, 07:02
That is a rare man. I've worked for 3 or 4 pastors. Programs, numbers, public relations and revenue were very important. Messages were scaled down not to offend and oftentimes last minute. Do I sound cynical? Human nature is what it is even with pastors...good men, just human.

06 April, 07:05
In response Daughter Of The King to her Publication
It was my dad, I was proud of him.

06 April, 06:47

Pipsqueak @Pipsqueak
06 April, 06:45
We use to go to church every Sunday. My husband had an accident and almost died, I called the church to ask for prayers one of the pastors came to the hospital and prayed over my husband. After my husband’s recovery we went to the pastor to thank him for coming and for all the prayers. As soon as we walked in the pastor said let me guess you want to know why God saved you. He then said I don’t know why. After we told him why we were there he said oh well I thought that’s what you wanted. We never went back to church, we started having Bible study every Saturday with our children. Now my 24 year old son is reading the Bible to his 2 1/2 year old daughter every night then he calls his dad and discuss what he read that night.

06 April, 06:43

Lysanne anon @lysanne
06 April, 06:36
My relationship with my God is way too personal to be exhibited in public. It’s Him and me.

Laurie Wilson @Micah6_8
06 April, 06:27
You don't have to go to church to have a personal relationship with God. God blesses you even if you stay home and never set foot in a church (and many churches are actually evil now).

When I got married 36 years ago, my husband changed the day after the wedding. He refused to allow me to go to church (I grew up similar to Amish, very tight knit church family) and kept me and our children as they came along, very very isolated. Not allowed to have friends or family or church or homeschool groups. He went with us to every medical appointment to make sure no one said anything to alert medical staff.

God still blessed me and my children in many different ways - even thru all that abuse, violence and extreme anger. Your relationship is based on YOU and GOD, not on a church building, a church family or a pastor in your life.

Not everyone can go to church, and not everyone feels comfortable in most churches today - God is still with them. He was even with Jonah, He is everywhere.

Stephanie Foster @AmericanFoster
06 April, 06:32
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
NOT mad at the folks, but was in a christian band and told I was "too sexy" WHICH I am not the least bit sexy, never have been, I said SOUNDS like YOU got a problem with lust. I dressed appropriately. ANOTHER time, was studying to at least be in a form of ministry since I do not believe in female pastors, and was told "I needed to stop wearing shorts" WELL ffs they were the ugliest like down to my knees shorts you ever saw. AND my legs looked like twigs, I was so skinny. SO there is that. BUT I love all of God's for sure.

Craig Robert Steele @QuantumChristian2022
06 April, 06:32
In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication
AB"SOL"UTELY TRUE!

Thank Q for Sharing Your Story!

Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
06 April, 05:39
The first time I heard that people can have a personal relationship with God was 22 years ago when I left the Lutheran and Methodist, and Presbyterian churches and went to a non- denominational church. I had never heard that in my life. That day is etched in my memory. I became a changed person, born again Christian living in the New Covenant of Grace. That pastor left and a new pastor came. He changed the church with his legalistic rants. It was like the life of that church was sucked right out if it. It literally went from a church of color, light, joy, and warmth to a church of gray, brown, cold and modern sleek decor. Needless to say we left and now attend a home church. The Lord is alive and well in our group!

06 April, 05:48
In response Carol Roberts to her Publication
🙏💗

Mama Tee donated @MamaT
06 April, 05:23
Before Christmas 2022, I took on this subject - exactly as you have presented, with an online Associate Pastor and asked him to back his statement of "you won't be blessed unless..." up with scripture. Of course they use Hebrews 10:25 BUT... I posed the fact that I am handicapped and unable to attend a church with oxygen concentrator that isn't quiet. That the Holy Spirit dwells among the sanctified as promised, 24/7... no matter their location, that the Church is a body of believers who individually house as a temple, the Spirit of God.

That a good Christian friend is mine lives in the high mountains and comes down twice per year for 1 week to gather supplies, see a dentist and doctor and returns to his cabin. He has no one but himself and God.

Is he doomed? Heavens NO! God, Jesus, Holy Spirit and him. That's more than two gathered. No...the use of Hebrews 10:25 in this instance is to raise finances. In many churches today, this is the case.

06 April, 05:31
In response Mama Tee to her Publication
Many seem skilled at presenting that which fills their coffers and as I found God I wasn't in a "church" and never owned a bible, and as it is written, God is spirit, Christ came to take us out of mans temples, giving us the gift of The Holy Spirit which resides within the True Temple of God, our own bodies.