Doq Holliday @doqholliday
19 December, 11:51
Patriots,

Is there anyone here on AU that runs an org to help homeless vets?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
CharRose @CharRose
Hi Doq...I own a non-medical homecare agency that provides care for many Veterans. My future humanitarian project involves assisting homeless and low income Veterans with housing, necessities, budgeting, all things to help them have the life they deserve. There is so much need in the Veteran community even with those we currently provide care for who have housing. It's heartbreaking.

In my response I thought I would ask openai.com to write a plan for this project. May or may not be what/all I would include but sounds pretty good.

1. Provide emergency housing: One of the immediate needs of homeless veterans is a safe and secure place to sleep. This can be accomplished through the use of emergency shelters, transitional housing, or hotel vouchers. CONTINUED IN COMMENTS SECTION.
02:38 PM - Dec 19, 2022
In response Doq Holliday to his Publication
Only people mentioned by CharRose in this post can reply
CharRose @CharRose
19 December, 02:39
In response CharRose to her Publication
2. Offer support services: In addition to housing, homeless veterans often need access to other support services such as healthcare, mental health treatment, job training, and financial assistance. These services can be provided through partnerships with local organizations or through government programs such as the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
3. Increase access to permanent housing: While emergency housing is important, the ultimate goal should be to help homeless veterans transition into permanent housing. This can be achieved through the use of rental assistance programs, home ownership assistance, and supportive services such as case management and financial counseling.
4. Address the root causes of homelessness: In order to effectively address homelessness among veterans, it is important to understand and address the underlying causes. This can include factors such as mental illness, substance abuse, financial instability, and lack of social support. CONTINUED....

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
CharRose @CharRose
19 December, 02:39
5. Engage the community: Homelessness is a complex issue that requires the involvement and support of the entire community. Local businesses, faith-based organizations, and volunteers can all play a role in supporting homeless and low income veterans.
Overall, a comprehensive approach is needed to effectively address homelessness among veterans. By providing emergency housing and support services, increasing access to permanent housing, addressing the root causes of homelessness, and engaging the community, it is possible to make a real difference in the lives of these individuals.

Hyssop Cedar @Hyssop_Cedar
23 December, 10:30
Char, Could you please expand upon “Home Ownership assistance”?