I am Keri @Lionessheart
I went to the cemetary yesterday to clean up my dads grave.
not sure if this is a glitch or not...my dad was born july 31 1928, his stone reads HM3 WWII
So the war was 1939 to 1945...the numbers dont add up! He would of been 13 when he enlisted or maybe 17 at the end of the war?
i have 1 photo of him in Puerto Rico in his navy uniform dated 1947
I have no one on his side of the family to ask. Would the VA have his information still?
09:47 AM - Aug 04, 2022
Only people mentioned by Lionessheart in this post can reply
Erin Larson @GenealogistErin
05 August, 06:02
In response I am Keri to her Publication
My guess would be he enlisted towards end of war and lied about his age or parents could sign consent if under 18. Navy Corpsman. WW2 records are hit and miss. I have a lot of genealogy experience and have worked a my state archives so if you send me a dm with more info on dad, I will try and help, even if just to send you in the right direction.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
I am Keri @Lionessheart
05 August, 06:14
In response Erin Larson to her Publication
i appreciate that!! i am waiting on the Va now, ill know more Monday.
If i hit a wall i will definitely message you

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Bee Saved @BSaved
04 August, 09:39
I found my great granddads grave a about this time last year. He died of a different circumstance. Died as a young man from the Spanish Flu.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/Z...

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 11:12
In response Bee Saved to his Publication
wiw thats so cool thanks for sharing it with me ❤️

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 12:46
thank you VK for sharing my post!
Thank you all for responding!
I write out posts every single day and then erase them bc im tired of screaming into what at feels like the void....every one of you just showed me i am heard!!! thank you from the bottom of my heart
update
spent an hour waiting to talk to the VA, they need his ss to get his records
Called SS and they need something of his history in order to give me his SS#...a little comical right? ill be aearching thru the little bit of memories i have left

Wyoming Deplorable @UltraMaga
04 August, 12:03
I've tried, for the last couple of years, to get my dad and grandfather's records... "If we dont get them, please remember there was a fire that destroyed most records"

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 12:48
In response Wyoming Deplorable to her Publication
had no idea about the fure, thank you!
hope we get what we are searching for soon

Melis Mcnut @Mcnut
04 August, 11:17
Seems there are many of these stories. Some parents signed to let them fight, others forged bdays, or slipped thru the testing just to go fight. Just in our family, there are many of these stories. All first generation kids or military families - they were raised knowing what was at stake. (minus all the truth obv) One of the many reasons we fight - for your dad and so many others before us. ❤️🤍💙

Never again. Justice is coming. 🇺🇸🦅

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 12:50
In response Melis Mcnut to her Publication
i just learned this as well, guessing that in itself is why that generation was called the greatest! 😀

Kristopher Anderson ~X~ @kanderc
04 August, 11:10
You can also go through this site and receive everything of your Dads. I got my Dads in 2017. Its all free the first time for a child.

https://www.archives.gov/v...

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 01:03
In response Kristopher Anderson ~X~ to his Publication
thanks ill check this out now

arba happihr @arba
04 August, 10:48
My Dad was born in 1927
My grandma lied so he could go to war.
My Dad said , the soldiers were all lied too.

My uncle said the same thing about the Vietnam war.
They knew once they were in the trenches they had been lied to too!
IF War worked for saving people, We wouldn't have any.
IT's about thinning the herd and stealing capital.

The VA hospital near Medford Oregon
My Dad's doctor had over 1400 patients.
It was pathetic to watch how these soldiers were invisible to the staff.
I didn't take him back. Couldn't do that to my Dad!

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 12:56
In response arba happihr to her Publication
My father in law was a nam vet and the VA here in NEPA was unbelievably terrible, we moved to Pittsburgh and the VA there ran much better
He too talked about the lies..he knew he was aware of his start dare before he graduated

suZy Connolly @suZq14
04 August, 10:47
loads of storys of British Boys who lied about their age and were as young as 13 when they signed up for ww2. the youngest in ww1 in britain was just 12

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 12:57
In response suZy Connolly to her Publication
interesting... probably mostly poor too

Marianne Risk @Mari_anne
04 August, 10:37
My own grandpa was born in 1927 & joined the Navy. He lied about his age to enlist. The pride that generation had for our country fueled their need/desire to do something.
Good luck on your journey.

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 01:08
In response Marianne Risk to her Publication
His parents came over from Poland. Not sure of the year (they died before i was born) the only thing i know is my father was the first child born in the states( with his 2 older siblings born in Poland
pride did run deep back then for sure

Spear Header3 @Spearheader3
04 August, 10:10
Many records were destroyed in a V.A. fire back in the 70’s, but if you have any of his military records (specifically discharge papers) you might be able to get to the truth. many young boys enlisted by lying about their age. My own father enlisted at 15, was discovered and booted out. He then joined the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corp) and planted trees, and when he came of re-enlisted. Your own father may have succeeded and been accepted. one of my ancestors assumed his brother’s commission in the Revolutionary Army when he was probably 13-15 years of age. Many who fought (and still fight today) are very young warriors. Good luck in your journey of discovery!🇺🇸

I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 01:00
In response Spear Header3 to her Publication
such a different world! i cant imagine many 15 yo today enlisting

Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ donated @Quilibet
04 August, 10:00

Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ donated @Quilibet
04 August, 09:58
Yes the VA would have a record...
There is a way to search and even get his ribbons if he earned any.

Kristopher Anderson ~X~ @kanderc
04 August, 11:13
In response Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ to his Publication

Royal Raven @Royalraven
04 August, 09:56
There should be government records of your father's military service still on file.