I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 09:47
I went to the cemetary yesterday to clean up my dads grave.
not sure if this is a glitch or not...my dad was born july 31 1928, his stone reads HM3 WWII
So the war was 1939 to 1945...the numbers dont add up! He would of been 13 when he enlisted or maybe 17 at the end of the war?
i have 1 photo of him in Puerto Rico in his navy uniform dated 1947
I have no one on his side of the family to ask. Would the VA have his information still?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Spear Header3 @Spearheader3
Many records were destroyed in a V.A. fire back in the 70’s, but if you have any of his military records (specifically discharge papers) you might be able to get to the truth. many young boys enlisted by lying about their age. My own father enlisted at 15, was discovered and booted out. He then joined the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corp) and planted trees, and when he came of re-enlisted. Your own father may have succeeded and been accepted. one of my ancestors assumed his brother’s commission in the Revolutionary Army when he was probably 13-15 years of age. Many who fought (and still fight today) are very young warriors. Good luck in your journey of discovery!🇺🇸
10:10 AM - Aug 04, 2022
In response I am Keri to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Spearheader3 in this post can reply
I am Keri @Lionessheart
04 August, 01:00
In response Spear Header3 to her Publication
such a different world! i cant imagine many 15 yo today enlisting

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396