Doq Holliday @doqholliday
We have a problem of epic proportions in America that no one seems to talk about.

The younger generation doesn’t know how to do anything.

We need to go back to the trades.

Skilled labor is in the hands of the elderly and robots ain’t gonna fix it anytime soon.

The schooling system has EVERYTHING to do with this problem.
11:13 AM - May 17, 2022
Only people mentioned by doqholliday in this post can reply
Moira Ronain @Redsquirrel
10 June, 03:46
In response Doq Holliday to his Publication
this is point on. the number of people in the 30 -40 range asking me to teach them canning ,sewing, and repair is huge. im 57 and fix everything instead of buying new. sock gets hole i darn. etc... little skills that i learned from my grandmother. 😍 all of us need to teach and share what we know. you don't have to be an expert just help as you can.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Truth Hunter @Silverado7Oro
10 June, 01:42
I know of this problem firsthand quite well--and is one of
several concerns I have with the "Plan"--allowing this to go
so far down the road to destruction with our youth and
infrastructure and the ability to maintain a first world level
of quality in services.... does not jive with a condition that
can be remedied quickly, worrysome

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
The Real Me @TheRealMe
10 June, 12:48
They also don’t know anything, have zero retention, no ability to problem solve, and no motivation to change. It is terribly sad, and yes, our education system is to blame. It’s going to first take something dramatic to make them want to learn, and then it will take much patience and compassion from both them and us to make them successful. But, tomorrow is a new day and it is full of promise.

Nat Gone @NatGonCanadaPatriot
10 June, 12:47
agreed I keep telling my mom that she will need to teach classes on growing food in our canadian climate, preserving food and natural herbs for health. My dad I have prepped to teach woodworking and general trades skills. My kids have survial, food cultivation, mechanics and general construction skills. So many people are lost but forget they already have the skills to help themselves and others. Love this post ❤

Kits ██████ @Kickinthesouth
10 June, 12:45
work with your hands and your minds

Dont Driink The KOOL AID -Z @DDK
10 June, 12:40
KILL A COMMIE FOR MOMMIE

Kali Krause @KaliKrause
18 May, 09:37
My high school still does vocational tech. I took up Horticulture

Only followers of this user (GodsGraciousGift) can see their posts

Stephanie Foster @AmericanFoster
18 May, 09:22
And my older brother is teaching my nephew how to build houses.

Stephanie Foster @AmericanFoster
18 May, 09:01
Not as much so down south, they still gotta get their gardens working with the fam. And my lil sis is teaching my tiny lil niece how to garden. She already grew sweet potatoes now is growing cucumbers. And is learning how to put up preserves, of course my sister showing her.

Hertz SoGood @TamIAM
18 May, 07:06
Both my sons dropped out of engineering programs to follow in their dad’s footsteps. They became millwright apprentices. However the 80+ hour work schedule in the auto plants got to be too much for my married son. He went back to school so he could eventually work “family” hours.

NoVacks . . . @NoVacks
18 May, 06:49
As a tradesman, I whole heartily agree. At the same time, parents need be more proactive teaching the value of “hands on” work/ tasks in general. Currently there are not many entering trades, and a good chunk of the ones that do, dont understand whats involved once they get there, and wash out. Physical work and learning dedication begin at home like everything else.

Fanof Freedom2 @FanofFreedom2
10 June, 04:13
In response NoVacks . . . to his Publication
Bingo!! Recently went for early retirement from construction, got into a quiet trade for the most part, drywall finisher. Over the years it went from being the only trade on the job for our part of the project. Now because of contruction managing companies istead of General contractors, college grad book smart kids rather than skille craftsmen, trades on top of trades. Had had enough of out working and performing and covering their mistakes of 20 something know it all while in reality knowing nothing so called Journeyman with 6 months of experience and zero work ethic, at 62, middle management, informing my higher ups that the future of constructiion is looking grim. What the “elite” really don’t comprehend is without those that learned and became skilled in our trades, they have no buildings, no homes, no protection from the elements. Stop indoctrinating and start educating. Trade schools are the future along with applicable education.

NEO ONE @Neo
18 May, 06:39
Nailed it. And there will be a lot of work to change this, but I am sure that we'll find the best for our kids. The world has very much potential and we the people will rock that thing.

Serah Oceane ♡ @QueenEsther
17 May, 10:35
I can teach sewing, cooking, plant foraging/identification/growing/benefits 😊

Only followers of this user (Kat113) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (Kat113) can see their posts

Jewels 777✨❤️ donated @jewelsc
17 May, 06:37
One hundred percent, yes!

Nancy Cottrell donated @starshine
17 May, 04:16
We are in the midst of the "GIMME" society!

Melanie Rieger @Maudiemaye
17 May, 04:10
Kids today are lazy, shame on the parents

Eagle Soul -Z ✝️ donated @Eaglesoul
17 May, 03:51
This pretty much says it..

Eyes on The Light @GullyWasher
17 May, 03:28
I agree. Trades help them to analyze and think. Some make math more concrete. Growing food, carpentry, plumbing,auto repair,raising bees...my list goes on and on. Curriculum definitely needs revamping.

Angela Copeland @Angela111117
17 May, 03:08
this exact scenerio was planned and methodically carried out years ago. its horrible. i grew up as a painter in my dads business. in the summer, we worked a garden, hung out clothes and shelled plenty of peas. ive taught my children and grands how to forage and i let them play in the yard, no devices allowed.

Anuenue Patriot @Anuenue
17 May, 02:37
Been a college prof 25 years. I always counsel unhappy students to drop college and go to trade school. Most high school grads should go to trade school first thing.

Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
17 May, 02:31
You have that right, well except around Nana's house, my grandkids can plant a garden, drive a tractor, lawn mower, cook, wash clothes, shoot a varietie of guns, shoot a bow, drive a boat, fish, and on and on... and she is just 12.

Guessing, would almost bet grandson will be in the Collison center helping fix cars and building rock crawlers by 5 at this rate.
Already has his own tools and hangs out there every afternoon.

How we gonna follow you on Truth Social?
Hint?

Only followers of this user (techstartupmom) can see their posts

Hyssop Cedar @Hyssop_Cedar
17 May, 02:37
In response Mandy ... to her Publication
@techstartupmom What a great idea! Thanks for the link and all your hard work. Maybe the shift is on it’s way.

DorQus Patriot @DorQus17
17 May, 02:10
My ex-husband has a nephew that is homeless gets government assistance in California. He gets a free hotel room with two beds, three meals from room service, cable TV, HBO, free cell phone and uses his food stamps for alcohol, smokes and fast food. They have no incentive to work or train them to get back into the work force. Not to mention a maid service and pays no taxes. He is living better than me as I work for little, pay for everything and pay taxes on everything. Welcome to Hotel California! 🌞🌴

Moira Ronain @Redsquirrel
17 May, 02:07
i have been saying this over and iver. they want instant cheap crap. they have 0 patience. it is sad to see.

Mike Anon @Mike314
17 May, 02:04
When the younger generation doesn't even know how to sign their name, then yeah, there are problems.

Dwayne ThePain1111 @MasterPent
17 May, 01:40
Get rid of all "degrees"

Test for applicable skills

Hyssop Cedar @Hyssop_Cedar
17 May, 02:40
In response Dwayne ThePain1111 to his Publication

BeRandom 1116 @BeRandom
17 May, 01:36
My son is 14 and learning. When he was 4 I had to hide the screwdriver because he took screws out of everything he could find and bring me a handful. I wouldn't know where they came from until a cabinet door fell off or something. Now he's the one who reads the instructions and puts our furniture or whatever together. If he doesn't know how to do something, he'll look it up on youtube and figure it out. You can literally learn anything on youtube. He also puts all the groceries away because he likes to know where things are and he holds doors open for women and anyone older than him. He still has alot to learn but he's well on his way to becoming a man.

Melanie Rieger @Maudiemaye
17 May, 05:44
In response BeRandom 1116 to her Publication
Bravo to you! Children now days are lost.