Martin Geddes @martingeddes
I have a Ledger Nano X to store… something. The setup asks you to create one or more “accounts”. The n00b has no reason to understand what this is. How many cryptos per account? Is the account tied to one PC/smartphone device? Or shared? One or more Ledger devices? Why do I need any “account”? Why can’t I just send crypto to the device?

Even the receive process is confusing in Ledger Live. Do I need to keep the window open to receive? It may be “obvious” to you, but not to a beginner.

If I am befuddled, then it’s not fit for mass consumption. It may require an Apple type of approach to simplification of this whole stack.
09:56 PM - Mar 08, 2022
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
Counter Spell @Counterspell
08 March, 10:10
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
I've had my nano for about a year and I've made many transactions. I'm by no means an expert, but I'll chime in with my limited understanding.

Q: How many cryptos per account?
A: One

Q: Is the account tied to one PC/smartphone device or shared?
A: Account is tied to the Nano. Access the Nano using Live Ledger on any computer.

Q: Why do I need an account?, Why can't I just send crypto to the device?
A: I believe this has to do with the blockchain. Your account has a unique identifier.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Elaine Shtein donated @elaineshtein
08 March, 10:10
I have the Ledger S, but should be the same process as the X. Your ledger holds many cryptos. You only have to create one account by writing down the seed phrase and connecting to your computer & phone.

I do know people who have multiple ledgers that can merge onto their ledger live app. But to keep it simple, follow the directions/video that comes with it. It is super confusing the first few times, but it doesl get easier.

When I transfer, I have my ledger plugged into my laptop, my Ledger Live open on my laptop and have an exchange tab open to copy/paste the send/receive address.

I learned most everything about crypto from Zen God. He does have a paid course, but has tons of free content on his YouTube. I started watching his videos from bottom up. https://www.youtube.com/c/...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Kat Summers @KatSummers
08 March, 10:05
on youtube there’s a video by Adam Venture on Nano x beginners guide.