John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
Patriots,
Don't fall for those super expensive 30 day food supply crap.

1) While it will last for 50 years you will not need it for that long, not even close. You may not even need a month, I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks.
2) Some of those meals (most) require water. Water will be at a premium so using it for food isn't a good idea.
3) A lot of those need to be heated to re-hydrate so unless you have a place to heat things with no electricity you are going to have mush.
4) Normal canned goods last for years and can be eaten straight from the can. These are not only cheaper but also contain water which will help you stay hydrated and consume less actual water without ill effects.
5) You can keep a fresh supply of canned goods by just rotating the cans with your normal meals. Remember you can go a long time with no food but only a few days with no water. Have at least half a gallon per person per day.

Save money and be smart.
06:51 AM - Aug 04, 2021
Only people mentioned by Jamesbridgebuilder in this post can reply
Angie Mac @AngieMac
06 August, 10:13
In response John Qpublic to his Publication
Great advice! Also remember that expiration dates on much of our food is put there to make us buy more amd throw away perfectly good food. Follow the money.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Joyce Zikursh @CountryJoy
04 August, 09:54
I'm making pemmican (easy to do if you have a food dehydrator). That stuff has a many year shelf life, costs little to make, and provides more than a couple thousand calories per square. I dry a lot of foods, if elect is off for more than a couple days, I'd lose what I have stored in the chest freezer. Have solar lights down the sidewalk, when power goes out (it does a lot here), I pull them up and stand them up in a glass (cheaper than flashlight batteries!) For other kinds of supplies, check out an Army surplus store (a real preppie treasure trove!)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Watching & Waiting @batedbreath2fly
05 August, 01:33
In response Joyce Zikursh to her Publication
Love the solar lights idea! Thank you!

Angie Mac @AngieMac
06 August, 10:16
In response Joyce Zikursh to her Publication
Solar power/hand crank emergency radio/flash light/phone charger - I got them for my adult children too. Of course they think I’m crazy 🤪

Bella Kay @Bella_K
04 August, 07:12
PB jars, canned food and pet food, don’t forget your pets. Other than that, water, lots of water. Flashlights, batteries, and a solar power bank is ideal. I also have about 50 glow sticks, that was the first thing that crossed my mind for light. 😂

Colleen Wardin @Michiganmadmax
04 August, 07:22
In response Bella Kay to her Publication
those solar lights they have at the dollar store are good for a few hours of light also

Bridget Lentin @Brisha
04 August, 07:40
In response Bella Kay to her Publication
yes i have stock up mega already for my doggy but thanks for advice will get more water and tinned foods incl tinned fruit. stocked up on nuts dried fruit already Also charcol wood for bbq

Chrys Thunder @ChrysThunder
04 August, 06:59
It is safer to put your money in cans and pasta than to leave it in the bank!

Here, the reserves are made for us!

John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
04 August, 07:01
In response Chrys Thunder to her Publication
While I can not confirm what you are saying I sure can agree with you about it.