Only people mentioned by JoyceChandler in this post can reply
ReOpenAmerica Now @ReOpenAmericaNow
21 February, 10:01
In response Joyce Chandler to her Publication
Spot on.
Please Share.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Era Haa @EraH
21 February, 08:59
As of Last Friday it's official, that my son is out of school!
I'm so releaved, we have such peace in our home since he doesn't attend school. Knowing what I know for a while and experiencing how detached the school is from what it's supposed to be about, I'm completely disgusted.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Donald Kirby @VonKoehlerExpress
21 February, 04:28
Amen to that also we need more conservative teachers also to balance off how kids are taught so they can see some teachers do have different views but focus should always be on allowing the child to form their own opinion and use their learning skills. we also need to go back to the days schools actually taught kids skills they could use in everyday activities like cooking metal shop automotive arts and crafts and civics instead of social studies and real history not marxist ideals. ]:P

Elizabeth Bauer @ebauer
20 February, 08:24
As a teacher I worked constantly to promote thinking. Content standards were measured by performance indicators through mandatory tests. I had to hit content (elementary grade 4) but often used questioning to promote thinking. Cite evidence as to why this is your answer or show or explain how you got that answer. Of course this was always easier for students that are provided a questioning (and answering) environment at home. I had to leave open that others might find other ways to communicate. But, teaching is a very difficult job in this modern world. I saw the need for students to interact with each other and convinced that for the majority of us, we need each other, in order to test, experiment, validate, our ideas, actions, and learning. Now they have masks, social distancing, and long distance learning. These actions are not necessary, helpful, or healthful, and counterproductive to learning. They are not scientific.

Candace Hilgers @DogluvR
20 February, 03:10
Agree!

Violet MEGA-Heart @VioletQMEGAHeart
20 February, 01:43
I have a teen daughter. She's taught me more about the school system since my days in it than I ever considered. She figured out in 5th-6th grade they want you to memorize and spit it out on tests. She taught me that it seems no one cares, takes people's differences into consideration, etc; which made me realize and I learned elsewhere that the system is that of wrote memorizing, a "Human Resources" system, full of B.S. about performing and getting "the best paying job," and not about teaching anything of value. Kids are left on their own as preteens/teens, with little to no assistance for the drastic changes they are going through. I can support my daughter through this, but how many do not know how? They have become miserable trying to grow up instead of feeling supported through a very difficult time. It's easier when they are younger, but this older age group needs a LOT more support. Let's revolutionize THIS too. Love to all youth and parents.

FOR FREEDOM @AMERICAN_HODAG
20 February, 01:42
Why PARENTS are so important
teachers are only 1 part of the equation

Our examples are MOST important
IF WE don't allow OUR kids FREEDOM of EXPRESSION their minds can't be open to INFINITE POSSIBILITIES

Kheri Lin donated @KheriLin
20 February, 01:35
So true!! 💯💯💯

Matoozie Matoozie @Matoozie
20 February, 11:23
Lockdown inadvertently showed parents how homeschooling was effective and not as scary as they might have thought previously. Now even more are taking charge of raising their own children again. Boomerang.

Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
20 February, 11:45
In response Matoozie Matoozie to her Publication
One of the best things parents can teach their children is how to think, not what to think. Problem solving, common sense and critical thinking skills are essential. These aspects of learning are mostly absent in education in public schools. Curriculum is based on what to think rather than how to think. Common Core is just another name for Communist Core. The more home schooled or charter type schools the better.

Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
20 February, 11:16
Nana has preached and preached to kids for decades also that the kids that do the best in learning are the ones that are taught "How TO learn" first and early in life.

Good on this one too learning how to think not what to think!

Pres Trump @Patriotnmontana
20 February, 11:01
hmmmmm...I don't think kids need to be taught how to think. Do we really think God creates something incapable of being itself fully? Its the generational inheritance of conditioned thinking that, over time, blocks the otherwise infinite and innate creativity.

Jessica Turner @TexasJes
20 February, 08:03
This is one of the many reasons we homeschool!