Kris Williams @KrisWilliams
19 February, 04:39
What did you do today?

I played with dirt!

Top soil, Container soil, and Peet Moss!

Getting ready, albeit a month and a half early, still I want to be ready! So excited to grow!

Also planted some Marigolds (white, dwarf bolero, and Champion)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
sharon pasvant @memyselfi
19 February, 05:01
In response Kris Williams to her Publication
weather not ready yet where i am at to dabble in the soil.
have fun.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
19 February, 05:25
In response sharon pasvant to her Publication
Got down to 19 last night and up to 55 today, it's getting there, but I started way earlier than I should have because I found some old seeds (2020) I think and tried growing them, it worked for most of them! So then I am trying to keep them growing. I am using some clear plastic storage containers as mini greenhouses and sitting them in my windows. So far, so good!

Pink Totter @Totter
19 February, 06:12
Have the seeds sprouted yet? If they have sprouted no need for the mini-greenhouses if they are in your house... water daily.

I have planting on my mind too, use to start so many plants and grow under fluorescent lights until it was time for them to go outside. They did really well that way, now the cat would eat them!

Dream of someday having a year around greenhouse so I can pick fresh fruits and vegetables all winter long. Been eyeing up the year around greenhouses in Colorado and Wyoming, both technics work well for them but I'm in the cold north and may need a backup plan.

19 February, 06:25
In response Pink Totter to her Publication
My house doesn't hold the heat the best, so I am still experimenting with inside growing. But the inside mini greenhouses are working well thus far!

Pink Totter @Totter
19 February, 06:49
Once the seeds are sprouted, even if it's a little cooler it doesn't affect the plants much. I started my seeds in a cabinet over one of the heat ducts where it was nice and warm. Once they sprouted I either put them in a south window or under fluorescent lights on a stand, the plants were on the floor, it's much cooler on the floor in our house. The plants did great if they got enough light. If they don't get enough light, they get tall and spindly. Of course it depends on the plants too, some do well with less light, pansies is one if I remember right!

When it started warming up outside I made a cold frame placed against the south side of our house that got full sunlight. The daytime the plastic covering the plants was rolled up so plants were exposed to the sun. On cold, rainy days and at night the plastic was rolled down over the plants.

Only people mentioned by Lorettamusic in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Loret Alen, click on at the bottom under it