Brandy Molina @bmolina0003
Unfortunately, too many people are placing their parents, grandparents into LTC and Assisted Living facilities rather than making room for them in their own homes. They have all sorts of excuses. Actually, their reasons are golf, bowling, cruises, RV traveling, etc. While they are out enjoying their retirement(s), their parents are often alone and bored and frightened. Feeling helpless because they can no longer drive and take care of themselves. That will not be the case with my mother. She has the master bedroom in our home. She is the priority above all else in my life and in my heart. I will be here for her as long as I am alive. After all, she was the person who took me to piano and dance lessons. She made sure that I had dresses by sewing them by hand because she did not have a sewing machine. She gave her entire young years over to raising me and my brother. Although poor, we always had enough. It is the greatest honor of my life to be her caregiver.
08:00 AM - Jan 14, 2023
Only people mentioned by bmolina0003 in this post can reply
Brizby Finley @BrizbyFinley
11 February, 12:12
In response Brandy Molina to her Publication
unfortunately not everyone is capable offoing this !! and to put everyone in the same box stating their reasons for fir doing so are selfish is a bitch statement! i have recently had to place my dad in a nursing home because of his dementia and other health issues due to it becoming too flipping dangerous for him at home after he fell and broke his hip… hes no longer able to walk independently even with his walker!! For you to put me in the same box as all the others really pisses me off!! i take my mom EVERY FUCKING DAY TO SEE HIM AFTER I GET OFF WORK!! EVERY DAY!! so good on you for being able to put your mom in the master bedroom… but i still have to work to pay bills and put food on the table!!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
11 February, 12:22
In response Brizby Finley to her Publication
Sorry that you are offended by my post. I never implied that everyone could or should do what I am doing. Your anger at me is unfortunate because I had no malice in my post. God bless you and your father.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
MATTHEW Bissanti @markerdragon
11 February, 11:50
You can say the same for letting the parasitic sociopaths in government educate our children.

connie wright @cowri
14 January, 10:21
Bless You

Sandy ODell @MrsODell
14 January, 09:42
Wish I could have been that to my mom. She died at 60 of a brain aneurysm. ❤️

Kels Bels 17 @Greengrl17
14 January, 09:27
My mother is in an ASL facility less than 30 sec frim my house. i talk to her 5-6 times a day , go there often and take her out running errands 3-4 times a week. If we had room in our home or room to build on, she would be with us. My future hime will be plenty big for her

Sea Shell @seashorewoman
14 January, 09:06
❤️❤️❤️

Trump Girl @DownSouthScotMichelle
Tears streaming down my face. My Mom was only 69 when she passed away from cancer last March. She had her own little apartment and loved it. I went to every doctor appointment with her and did everything I could to help make life easy and happy for her. She was happy until the very end. We must take care of our parents and family. Your Mom is blessed to have you. ❤️❤️ I would have never allowed my Mom to be in one of those cold places.

Trump Girl @DownSouthScotMichelle
Tears streaming down my face. My Mom was only 69 when she passed away from cancer last March. She had her own little apartment and loved it. I went to every doctor appointment with her and did everything I could to help make life easy and happy for her. She was happy until the very end. We must take care of our parents and family. Your Mom is blessed to have you. ❤️❤️ I would have never allowed my Mom to be in one of those cold places.

Only followers of this user (Concerned_Aussie) can see their posts

Pueos Perch @ 10,000ft. @Hawkeye_Loccard
14 January, 09:04
Very admirable and noble of you. But there will come a day when even you are maxed-out and unable to provide the necessary care. Better have a plan in place for that day, and PLENTY of $$ to cover in-home caregivers and nurses or the eventuality of RCFE or Skilled Nursing Facility room & board.

Are you ready and willing to change diapers and handle personality changes that 'come out of the shadows'?
You have no clue what the future holds, and I guarantee the situation can change in a day following a stroke or other major medical crisis. Ask me how I know....

15 January, 07:17
In response Pueos Perch @ 10,000ft. to his Publication
Thank you for your input. However, my granddaughter worked in a LTC facility for 17 years and she is a nurse. Believe me when I say that I could not do this without support from her, my family members and God. Mama does not want to die alone in a hospital with strangers. She wants to go to meet the Lord in her own bed with those who love her around her bed. That is how it's going to be. I will walk through fire to help her have the best possible life until her last breath is taken. This mission is not for everyone. It is for those who are called by God and who have the strong desire to do it. There is no amount of fear that will deter me and Mama. With God fear does not exist. I experience miracles every single day.

Melanie Rieger @Maudiemaye
14 January, 09:01
God bless you Brandy, you will be rewarded greatly.

Debra Whitney @DebaDo62
14 January, 08:59
Darn right when my Mom died in 2009 i took care of my Dad for 10 years and i will never regret any of my time spent on his care He provided for our family more than he had to and for that i am still grateful at 60 yrs old 🙏❤️😊

Little jo59 @Littlejo59
14 January, 08:54
GOD bless you with double honor🙏❤️

Waiting4Home Anon @Waiting4Home
God bless you.
It is true sometimes the burden is too much for one person... but if at all possible - caring for loved ones AT HOME is best.
Caregivers can come and help out.. but only you can know what is truly best for your loved ones. I wish more people understood.

Bless your heart.

Kris Williams @KrisWilliams
TY for taking care of your mother!!! God Bless you and your family!!!

Lincoln Mom @LincolnMom
14 January, 08:52
I took care of my Mom for 6 years 40 miles away, plus others helped. It's time for Assisted Living, she needs a different skill than I can give. We are two very independent women, that doesn't make for a good mix. She likes her privacy and I like mine. It's time.

Mrs Seventeen @9_29_03
11 February, 11:59
In response Lincoln Mom to her Publication
My mother is 4 years indepdent living, same distance. 91 and the past 10 years she became very very mean. There is no living with her and she knows that and we talk about it. We are very strong-willed independent women and she would not like being cared for by her daughter. She is the daughter of a coal miner and married a farmer. True grit she is!!! “I’ll do it myself, I don’t want anybody helping me.”

Dottie French @DotOn777
14 January, 09:27

Happy Days @Sun2516
14 January, 08:28
Same here but as for everyone elses parents I sure cannot take care of them and my family too.
There is only so much one person can do.
I agree take care of your family the Best you possibly can.
People do not want to go into facilities to visit because of getting a virus or passing one on to a lived one.
Extremely True Real World Issues that are so sad.