BumbleBeeZ Patriot @BumbleBeeZPatriot
15 August, 05:07
Good afternoon, AU family!

I have so much good news to report regarding Wayne's recovery from surgery last week!

Today was a HUGE day! Physical therapy had him doing chair pushups (dips), etc. Then came Speech therapy & he was able to put the one-way valve on his trach & surprised the therapist with the strength of his voice! He got his reward - that much hoped-for cup of ice chips! (He has had nothing by mouth since last Wednesday).

Cheeky monkey! He had asked for some water & a swab to rinse his mouth out... As I turned my back to fetch something else, I caught motion out of the corner of my eye... the sly bugger had taken a sip from the cup!

He will officially start liquids tomorrow, but they want to be sure he's not leaking into any tissues anywhere from the mouth.

He is cleared to get a wheelchair, even with all the IV pole, He's very keen to get rolling since I told him it would reduce the swelling in his arms & hands...

cont'd

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Auntie_M 369 @Auntie_M
15 August, 05:11
In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication
Glory to God in the Highest!!! 🙏❤️😇
Prayers are powerful! 🙏🙏🙏
So happy for you both!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
15 August, 05:38
In response Auntie_M 369 to her Publication
ALL GLORY TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!!!

Auntie M, Dennis1776 has been practically holding my hand since surgery day. We had everything planned out for the kids to be here in NOLA vacationing during the surgery, but then it was pushed back a week... But that's OK because Dr. Hasney was here to do his Stage 1 of the surgery himself, freshly back from vacation. Still, I was all my byself in the big city & he knew it & held my hand through the 10 LONG hours of surgery. Bless his darling wife for sharing her husband with me!

Wayne had 3 surgical teams - Dr. Hasney removed the old jaw bone (and told me later he was able to take 30% less than he had thought because the bone was still healthy on the right side)! I'm claiming that as part of the healing God began BEFORE the surgery!

@QakeLady told me last Wednesday that she & her mom had prayed he got out of surgery early & so it came to pass!

Dr. Hanson spoke with me at 6pm to tell me it went great & finished over 45 min. early..

Auntie_M 369 @Auntie_M
15 August, 05:54
Dennis1776 is a true gem!! 😇
So glad he was able to be there for you!
He and his wife are 2 in a million! 💑

15 August, 06:05
In response Auntie_M 369 to her Publication
You are so right, Auntie! That couple are 24k gold to me. I consider them FAMILY by now!

How generous is that? If you're a 9-year survivor/thriver after a similar surgery, to offer to help someone going through their own surgical dramas?

On top of that, in Dennis1776 & his wife, I have discovered we have many like interests. We will be sharing garden seed before long & I am going to give him the recipe to preserve eggs at room temp up to a year!
----
Wayne was moved out of ICU a day EARLY, as @QakeLady had told me. The first day of step-down care was a bit hard. Coughing up stuff through the trach & needing suction a lot... Lots of pain when moving from bed to chair & back, etc.

Today is a new story! Physical therapy had him doing chair pushups (dips) & were very pleased. Speech therapy had him talking using the 1-way valve & then rewarded him with a cup of ICE! I was watching his face as he had his first chip... he was in HEAVEN! He was NPO since Wednesday...

Dennis 1776 @dmrome
15 August, 07:48
And you are Family to us too, Melanie! 😇

I feel the same way, Dennis!

It's like we're getting a preview of life in 5D & it feels wonderful to me!

Wayne & I live practically like hermits because we like to mind our own business. When we want to socialize, we invite folks over for a crawfish boil or a BBQ.

My true friends I can count on one hand; happily, I don't have many fingers left these days, because you & N. got my 4th finger!

I love you guys so much. I've never before experienced people I didn't even know caring about me!

I think if we all keep our vibes high & happy, we will bring in the 5D earlier!

You guys have become family to us, too!
09:34 PM - Aug 15, 2022
In response Dennis 1776 to his Publication
Only people mentioned by BumbleBeeZPatriot in this post can reply
Dennis 1776 @dmrome
15 August, 09:51
Totally agree, Melanie ... you and Wayne are special people and I wanted make sure I was there to help navigate thru this maze! You both have been a blessing to us ... to hear your voice crack and know that we have helped someone just makes me smile so much. It's all gonna be OK ... Wayne will be back on his feet before you know it. ANd you will get more rest before you know it too!

15 August, 10:47
In response Dennis 1776 to his Publication
I do believe I will sleep better soon... But right now, I'm thanking God for giving me strength to be on my feet running & fetching & doing what needs to be done.

Once we get Wayne home, I'll sleep all I need to. He's my only priority, and he needs to nap a lot right now for the best healing. I've been covertly putting drops of lavender essential oil on the shoulders of the hospital gown to help relax him & help him sleep.

I can't wait until he gets to take liquids & soft food by mouth, because that means I can give him the cannabis oil I made for him. This will break his pain cycles.

Right now, his pain stays up there - about a Level #5 - all the time. It was at a 6 or 7 yesterday during the worst part of it.

Yet, they make him wait for pain meds. I'ma gonna dose him with a few dropperfuls of cannabis oil (from Blue Dream) because I already know it works very well for him. It relieves the pain completely for a few hours & he is able to sleep deeply.

contd