BumbleBeeZ Patriot @BumbleBeeZPatriot
15 August, 05:07
Good afternoon, AU family!

I have so much good news to report regarding Wayne's recovery from surgery last week!

Today was a HUGE day! Physical therapy had him doing chair pushups (dips), etc. Then came Speech therapy & he was able to put the one-way valve on his trach & surprised the therapist with the strength of his voice! He got his reward - that much hoped-for cup of ice chips! (He has had nothing by mouth since last Wednesday).

Cheeky monkey! He had asked for some water & a swab to rinse his mouth out... As I turned my back to fetch something else, I caught motion out of the corner of my eye... the sly bugger had taken a sip from the cup!

He will officially start liquids tomorrow, but they want to be sure he's not leaking into any tissues anywhere from the mouth.

He is cleared to get a wheelchair, even with all the IV pole, He's very keen to get rolling since I told him it would reduce the swelling in his arms & hands...

cont'd

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Auntie_M 369 @Auntie_M
Glory to God in the Highest!!! πŸ™β€οΈπŸ˜‡
Prayers are powerful! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
So happy for you both!
05:11 PM - Aug 15, 2022
In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Auntie_M in this post can reply
BumbleBeeZ Patriot @BumbleBeeZPatriot
15 August, 05:38
In response Auntie_M 369 to her Publication
ALL GLORY TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!!!

Auntie M, Dennis1776 has been practically holding my hand since surgery day. We had everything planned out for the kids to be here in NOLA vacationing during the surgery, but then it was pushed back a week... But that's OK because Dr. Hasney was here to do his Stage 1 of the surgery himself, freshly back from vacation. Still, I was all my byself in the big city & he knew it & held my hand through the 10 LONG hours of surgery. Bless his darling wife for sharing her husband with me!

Wayne had 3 surgical teams - Dr. Hasney removed the old jaw bone (and told me later he was able to take 30% less than he had thought because the bone was still healthy on the right side)! I'm claiming that as part of the healing God began BEFORE the surgery!

@QakeLady told me last Wednesday that she & her mom had prayed he got out of surgery early & so it came to pass!

Dr. Hanson spoke with me at 6pm to tell me it went great & finished over 45 min. early..

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Miss Myrna donated @MissMyrna
15 August, 06:26
i cried hard while reading this.. there is still SUCH GOOD here! continuing to pray for y’all!

The Qake Lady @QakeLady
15 August, 07:57
Dennis1776. You have my heart..πŸ’ž Thank you for taking such good care of my besties.. You get a cake someday so start thinking about your Dream cake.. LOL
HUGE Hugs!!πŸ™Œ