Martin Geddes @martingeddes
If Ledger went broke and their Live service stopped working, would I lose my XRP crypto? Or can I still trade it using the app I have installed? The real cost of using this tech is horrendous, as you have to spend hours figuring out both the paradigm and operational details.
04:02 PM - Aug 07, 2022
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
••• Bender ••• @4dBender
07 August, 05:25
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
I'm not sure if you would be able to move coins from a wallet that is no long hosted. The hosting service would need to verify your ownership of the wallet, before it would be able to transfer the contents to a new wallet.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
••• Bender ••• @4dBender
07 August, 05:18
Technically, as long as a copy of the Blockchain exists somewhere on the decentralized network, you would be able to look at the blockchain, and verify how many you own of what.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Kat istheSea3 donated @KatistheSea3
07 August, 05:14
[Personal note:
Seriously, MG, ty 🙏😽💞]

Manny Questions @MannyQuestions
07 August, 04:34
The Live service is just a service. Your XRP is stored and encrypted on the XRP distributed ledger. The encrypted private key created by the Nano, using the random 24 words generated, is what gives you access to your XRP account on the blockchain. So you guarded the generated private key by writing down the words, in order, and storing them on a piece of paper in a secure place. I use Live and don't believe there will be problems, but if there are problems in the future, you'll be okay as long as have your Nano and/or the paper with the 24 words. Here is a link to LIve alternatives:

https://sourceforge.net/so...

Joel Hobe @J78Hobe
07 August, 04:50
In response Manny Questions to his Publication
So wondering then, it wouldnt matter if you had your XRP all on one Live, or if you spread them out between multiple devices, because its all stored on the blockchain?? Is this correct?

Bridget Lentin @Brisha
07 August, 04:27
just thinking you have your xrp address

memes matter @NoComment
07 August, 04:12

ADHERE TO FREEDOM @ADHERETOFREEDOM
07 August, 04:09
One question I keep thinking about…
Can an EMP wipe out your Ledger?
Also, can a static bag for electrical/computer components act as a Faraday bag?

Chris Jaksha donated @realChrisJaksha
07 August, 04:10
In response ADHERE TO FREEDOM to his Publication
I store my ledger in a faraday bag

Only followers of this user (techstartupmom) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (techstartupmom) can see their posts