Carole Parnell @MagaMutt
📞We're Stuck in a Matrix that we Need to Get Out of....🛎️Wake Up and Become the Super Hero's that our Ancestors Were!!!!
08:53 AM - Jun 01, 2022
Only people mentioned by MagaMutt in this post can reply
Nancy Cottrell donated @starshine
01 June, 11:35
In response Carole Parnell to her Publication
When I was little the first place I remember was an apt. my Mom had over a liquor store on 14th st DC. My Dad was in the Marines. Then Mom moved us to Colorado ave, an apt. there. When I was nine yrs old I took my brother, got on a street car, and went to the Brighton Hotel to have dinner with Mom, it was 9:30 at night and snowing, but I wasn't afraid. She happened to be a waitress there. I grew up until age 11 in Wash. DC, believe me the street smarts I learned were incredible.!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
MadeIn America @MaidenAmerica
01 June, 10:31
I was never taught that my ancestors were stupid or hillbillies. I never thought that either. Is it the younger generation that is being taught this nonsense? (I am 50.)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Serah Oceane ♡ @QueenEsther
01 June, 10:11
I wish I could have introduced all of you to my great grand parents I had the honor and blessing of getting to grow up around them close by. They both lived into their 90s. They taught me early on how to be self sufficient between the two of them. I learned how cook delicious meals with very little money, budgeting, lawn care, gardening, sewing clothes and making my own clothes, play all kinds of musical instruments, artwork of all kinds, canning and preserving, how to fix bikes, how to fix a lawnmower, fix a car! They told wonderful stories of their time and made sure I knew about all my family! I was even given bible studies and hymns when I was there. It was always a learning experience they were so loving and patient. 😊

Julia Bradley @JuliaB55
01 June, 11:12
In response Serah Oceane ♡ to her Publication
You bring tears to my eyes, dear Serah Oceane!
Please share of your store anytime 😊 🙏

Forever Patriot donated @EyeQtest
01 June, 10:04
I have said this for years. my mom and dad born 1940 were higher educated thru high school than those with a college degree born in the 80’s. no comparison.

Carole Parnell donated @MagaMutt
01 June, 10:36
In response Forever Patriot to his Publication
Amen to That!!!!

wht 2.0 @wht
01 June, 09:59
Have you ever read the letters civil war era men and even boys wrote back home to families and wives. Intelligent, eloquent, principled, intellectually and emotionally nuanced, remarkable vocabulary ... in beautiful long hand script.

Mrs Seventeen @9_29_03
01 June, 05:04
In response wht 2.0 to his Publication
My father wrote love poems to my mother when he was away in China for WWII. I could not believe it was him writing so beautifully and heartfelt.

Julia Bradley @JuliaB55
01 June, 09:57
Yes, they were superheroes indeed.
And they were much smarter ...
eight years of education held more knowledge than today's high-school graduate.
I know this to be true because I homeschooled based off methods used in one-room school situations.

arba happihr @arba
01 June, 09:15
Absolutely Super Hero's!
My grandma Raise 9 children, no running water, no money 1923 Planted the garden, planted the fields after they used the horse to till the garden and fields, raised the chickens for eggs and meat, cows for milk, hogs for meat . Children wore flour sack clothing and drawers,
My Mom was a 7 month old preemie, they kept her warm by using the wood stove they used for cooking
Well with a bucket and cup hanging on the side on a nail :o)
Ice box ,No fridge.
Wagon and horse, no car
NO INTERNET or CELL
No reg phone.
My grandma did everything to keep her family alive.
Home made sorghum, butter, ground their own grains they grew.
I couldn't wait to get married so I
shop at the grocery market and wear pants in public.
Jobs for women were limited. Women stayed home and cared for the family and homestead.
What do you know at 16
not as much as I do 69 haha
My mother referred to these times when I was growing up as Armageddon
IT's so good to be alive !!!

Debby dorothy donated @Debbydorothy
01 June, 09:52
In response arba happihr to her Publication
Sounds exactly like the life my mom grew up on in a depression-era farm in Saskatchewan. They were pretty much totally self-sufficient. My mom would say that they had a roof over their head and plenty of food. She sure knew how to work hard and be resourceful.

Mrs Seventeen @9_29_03
01 June, 05:08
In response arba happihr to her Publication
Amen to that! My first six years spent on a 65 acre farm. Raised everything we ate, had gardens, all kinds of livestock. Dad was a milkman that delivered the fresh milk to your doorstep, leave the house at 4 a.m. High school still had home ec, boys had shop, mom taught me everything in the kitchen. Told my husband I am definitely a dying breed, but maybe all hope is not lost!!!

Back to the Future @Backontrack
01 June, 08:59
TV
Technology
We are weak as fook.