Hammurabi (Eye for an Eye) @i4ni2th4a2th
30 January, 04:48
General George Washington orders my grandfather’s grandfather (General John Smyth) to seize British provisions during the Revolutionary War to distribute among Patriot Militias.

One of the Tories tried to sue him for “theft” after the war but he preserved the direct order from George Washington (now 1st president of the United States) and presented it in court to defeat the case.

He was called into service during 4 different seasons of the war ⤵️.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Patriot Sam @PatriotSam7
❤️🙏🙂 Very cool! And we might be distant cousins!
06:21 PM - Jan 30, 2021
Only people mentioned by PatriotSam7 in this post can reply
Hammurabi (Eye for an Eye) @i4ni2th4a2th
30 January, 06:53
In response Patriot Sam to her Publication
How cool would that be!! Most of our side ended up in the midwest (when I was a kid I proudly did a report on this in school - I’d probably be expelled now-a-days ... so sad ... but not for long :)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Patriot Sam @PatriotSam7
30 January, 07:50
In response Hammurabi (Eye for an Eye) to his Publication
Some Smiths in Virginia from back in that time are in my line. :) Supposedly, one of GW's grandfathers is one of our great-x-great grandfathers. But most of my people came over and made their lives up and down the East Coast. One of my great-greats was the first governor of Virginia. I love history, and thinking about those first people who founded our great country. (Also found a couple grandpas who sided with England though. Must've been so hard for people who just wanted peace and didn't want to go to war. But thank God a few had the vision for a free country.)