Sheila Abrams @Peeved_Patriot
20 February, 01:28
Can anyone tell me why triglycerides are on a lipid profile? They are not cholesterol, so why on a cholesterol panel? Triglycerides are from sugar. So sugar (high triglycerides) will not be lowered by statins, but the doctor will let you believe your cholesterol is high if your triglycerides are high so they can get you to take the statin that pulls beneficial cholesterol from your brain, nerves, and every other cell in your body that uses cholesterol in cell membranes, and the nervous system to PROTECT them.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
My paternal nemesis. Diets high in simple carbs for those with hypersensitivity to carbs cause an elevation in triglycerides which raises risk of CVD.

Or so they say.

I have historically high total cholesterol numbers but have kept Drs from shoving Meds down my throat by keeping my HDL numbers high. Keeping a very favorable ratio may be better than focusing on individual numbers.

As it turns out, keeping cholesterol TOO LOW may be directly linked to Alzheimer’s/ dementia. Not enough cholesterol to repair the covering of nerves, think of electrical wiring.
07:07 PM - Feb 20, 2024
In response Sheila Abrams to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Sparrows in this post can reply
21 February, 11:03
In response Age of Enlightenment to her Publication
Doctors will tell you high blood cholesterol is bad for you HDL is good, LDL is bad, but cholesterol has been given a bad rap. Every cell membrane in our body uses cholesterol in their membranes to protect the cell, so free radicals bounce off of them rather than tearing into them. Our brain and the myelin in every nerve cell is cholesterol. If blood cholesterol is high, you need to find out why. It has to be because of damage to the circulatory system for the cholesterol to go there to REPAIR the damage.
I have also read that higher cholesterol, not blood cholesterol, in the elderly increases their life span.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
21 February, 11:05
True. Actually falls in line with everything they told us that was good, IS actually bad.

wht 2.0 @wht
21 February, 10:43
I too believe the ratio is more important.

That's why, for instance, consuming the whole egg is important and healthy instead of just the whites. A certain amount of cholesterol is crucial to our health.

21 February, 07:38 (E)
Vegetable fats, also known as vegetable oils, are extracted from plants and are often used for cooking. In addition, vegetable fats are found in some processed foods, such as margarine, salad dressings, mayonnaise, and cookies. The most widely known vegetable oils in everyday food preparation include soybean oil, coconut oil, olive oil and sunflower oil.
Today, refined vegetable oils are being used more and more popularly. They are extracted from plants through a chemical solvent process or using an oil mill. They are then cleaned, purified, or sometimes chemically altered.
The use of vegetable fats along with other fats, such as butter, is increasing rapidly. The consumption of vegetable oils has many benefits for heart health and is recommended as an alternative to sources of saturated fat, such as lard, butter, and animal fat in general. . This is because vegetable oils contain more polyunsaturated fats, which reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases than saturated fats.

See art

21 February, 08:30

21 February, 10:36
I use coconut oil, olive oil, butter, bacon fat, and eat a lot of nuts. Staying away from veg oils, margaine & hydrogenated fats.

21 February, 07:32 (E)
My triglyceride level was over 900 once, and come to find out it was because I had a glass of sweet tea a couple of hours before the test. Also, alcohol will make your triglycerides high as well.

I do believe triglycerides are the main constituent in body fat. But, I believe sugar, simple carbs are the cause of the fat in the first place.

When you eat, your body converts any calories it doesn't need to use right away into triglycerides. The triglycerides are stored in your fat cells. Later, hormones release triglycerides for energy between meals.

If you regularly eat more calories than you burn, particularly from high-carbohydrate foods, you may have high triglycerides (hypertriglyceridemia).