Kim Runner donated @kimrunner
27 March, 11:03

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Tao Of Smoo @TaoOfSmoo
27 March, 12:01
In response Kim Runner to her Publication
I’ve probably told this story before...but, a few weeks before the 2016 election, I was at a Nat’l Press Club event that he was a part of (panel discussion on the upcoming election with John Dickerson).

I attended the VIP pre-event cocktail party and was chatting with him (Chuck). I said, “You know, Trump is going to win.” He looked shocked and disbelieving at me, and said, “No way”.

I explained how this actually was an analytical perspective from my many years w/presidential campaigns on both sides (as a volunteer, never wanted to be paid staff, but worked directly w/candidates and staff (incl Bill and Hillary before I knew better. I was younger and bought the BS at the time)). 🙄 Her blowing a lot of money ($500K+) for a Vegas event during her campaign against Obama (always knew he was placed) pissed me off and started me digging; then the denoument was deployment and Benghazi (that story for another day).

Cont.👇

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Tao Of Smoo @TaoOfSmoo
What everyone inside the DC bubble in 2016 was missing was how fatiqued the rest of country was with the same losers. I said to Chuck, people always vote for someone they know and like (not policy, alas). Hillary had her chance, lost many fans and was a weak candidate.

AND, what Trump had no other R candidate had ever had - the support of the 18-35 male demo (esp black/hispanic) because of his wrestling/football/Apprentice and (secret weapon) his Howard Stern appearances.

He was loved and admired by millions of a demographic who were mostly D. The rule in politics is that IOT win the General Election, you need the independent/swing voters. Trump had them. No pollster was even looking at that.

The cognitive dissonance was fun to watch. You could see part of his mind agreed; the other part couldn’t handle it. 🤣

I have a feeling when the result came in that night, he might’ve been thinking of our conversation. That makes me happy in a schadenfreude kind of way. Still does.
12:16 PM - Mar 27, 2023
In response Tao Of Smoo to her Publication
Only people mentioned by TaoOfSmoo in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Tao Of Smoo, click on at the bottom under it