Martin Geddes @martingeddes
https://biblehub.com/matth... — if oaths are a no-no (I have never sworn one), how come Gen Flynn was encouraging people to swear one? How come courts get people to swear an oath on the Bible, when it specifically says not to do this?

My sense is that any oath divides your loyalty to the holy spirit, since it is to a corruptible temporal institution or individual. My childhood in the JWs makes me allergic to surrendering myself to any collective and trusting its stated purpose is honest.
05:40 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
Data Gramma @Vic
15 February, 03:28
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
I must ask a question here. IF Trump had an 81% vote, WHY has it been necessary to "wake the masses"? WHY wasn't the constitution followed after the first denial to review of the 3 divisionss of our government? The military is to be called in for a revote at that time. Why has our country and environment been allowed to be completely trashed?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Alexis Hightower @Lexi_Hightower
15 February, 03:14
Thank you for your thoughtful intent, as this Scripture is worthy of pondering.

However, I do believe that we are being warned to make sure our genuine character is so evident that, our words have the weightiness to be believed (!) without having to only be substantiated by invoking an even higher authority!

The older people used to say "My word is my bond!" And whatever they said was thoroughly believed! My Father would say to us: "I have spoken!" and we knew that was pure TRUTH!

In modern times, HONESTY is not the measure. for believability! The Duplicity of speech in our times has killed this standard...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Eagle Soul -Z ✝️ donated @Eaglesoul
15 February, 02:59
Martin,I had never thought of it this way. YOU are right on 🎯...and how many things humans do out of...habit...This NEEDS to be changed..."habit" is trained....NO MORE!

Mary Gessler donated @MaryG
14 February, 09:30
I think, in this case, context is important, as is interpretation. You can certainly disagree with me, but, I believe that in this passage (which is part of the Beatitudes), Jesus is warning us not to swear by God or Heaven, meaning don’t be irreverent to God in your common speech or your intent. Make your yes a yes, your no a no, and nothing more. I don’t believe He is saying to never pledge loyalty to a flag or to a righteous cause.

Matthew 5:33-37 (RSVCE)

Concerning Oaths

33 “Again you have heard that it was said to the men of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ 34 But I say to you, Do not swear at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Alexis Hightower @Lexi_Hightower
15 February, 03:15
In response Mary Gessler to her Publication
Good assessment of the text!

Aristarkos ✅ WWG1WGA @Aristarkos
14 February, 06:46
Although I'm in some agreement with you, the "oath" of General Flynn is what's called the "Pledge of Allegiance"... The quote from Mat. 5 is about something else, first is about Israel and second the swear (or oath) to either God or the Temple or both which is always wrong... You can't pick one verse from Scripture and put it against something not related...

I'm not an American, but can't see what's wrong with this...👇

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

garm hava @sigma777
14 February, 06:46
I believe that many people feel deep down that the oath is a false and hypocritical act. Everything is upside down in this world.

Only one hope still lives in me - that the spark of Humanity will awaken in the hearts of people. May His will be done.

JFK Jr Fan @JFKJrFan
14 February, 06:27
Good question. As a young Airman in the United States Air Force I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic and that is where my allegiance to anyone or anything outside of God ends. I did not take the Flynn oath. It bothered me. My loyalty is to God and the Q Team only. I don't attempt to please or answer to anyone else. [They] have zero AUthority over me. I am a sovereign being. That is what makes me so dangerous. Good morning Martin. It is 6:27 am in CA. What great things will we do today?

#TheGreatAwakening

Eagle Soul -Z ✝️ donated @Eaglesoul
15 February, 02:57
In response JFK Jr Fan to his Publication
👍👍💗🎯

Ange Love @LoveM
14 February, 05:56
I interpret the same Martin. Being loyal and truthful is done by our works and the fruits will show. Perhaps instead of swearing in, a person needs to prove themselves worthy. As we find out, many in Congress and government say anything and words mean nothing. Action speaks louder.