BumbleBeeZ Patriot @BumbleBeeZPatriot
15 August, 05:07
Good afternoon, AU family!

I have so much good news to report regarding Wayne's recovery from surgery last week!

Today was a HUGE day! Physical therapy had him doing chair pushups (dips), etc. Then came Speech therapy & he was able to put the one-way valve on his trach & surprised the therapist with the strength of his voice! He got his reward - that much hoped-for cup of ice chips! (He has had nothing by mouth since last Wednesday).

Cheeky monkey! He had asked for some water & a swab to rinse his mouth out... As I turned my back to fetch something else, I caught motion out of the corner of my eye... the sly bugger had taken a sip from the cup!

He will officially start liquids tomorrow, but they want to be sure he's not leaking into any tissues anywhere from the mouth.

He is cleared to get a wheelchair, even with all the IV pole, He's very keen to get rolling since I told him it would reduce the swelling in his arms & hands...

cont'd

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
The Qake Lady @QakeLady
15 August, 06:32
In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication
😅God is great... You are looking fantastic Wayne... Now if you can just convince that wife of yours to get a good nights sleep..LOL

So happy to hear you may be able to go home this coming weekend.. I'm claiming it, In Jesus name, Amen...HUGS and Love!!💞🙏🙌

Call me Mel, I tried you twice and it's not goig thru, maybe your phone is charging?? Anyway, so happy things are coming along..Praise the Lord. You guys got this!
Don't forget to post the link to your GSG account...💞

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
I will call right now. I've been waiting, but Wayne has the TV on while he's sleeping (aaarrrgh!), and I've been up & down, fetching & suctioning & adjusting sheets & blankets, getting him ice, etc.

I won't sleep until I get home, most likely, Sis, but at least I can lie down full length! The 1950's-era "recliner" in the other room was a torture table with wooden arms to make your elbows nervy & achy...

But I'm good with the pull out loveseat. The end extends & you use the back cushions to make the "bed." I can stretch out & rest my back at night, at least. One would think a hospital such as this would have more ergonomic furniture, but I'm just grateful to have a place to rest my back.

Once we get home, away from the machines beeping, woosh-wooshing, and people coming in for finger sticks & vital signs...
He will sleep just fine in his own cushy bed & I will sleep in the recliner so as not to disturb...

His recovery will progress by leaps & bounds then!
08:14 PM - Aug 15, 2022
In response The Qake Lady to her Publication
Only people mentioned by BumbleBeeZPatriot in this post can reply
The Qake Lady @QakeLady
15 August, 08:49
In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication
LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!!💞
God will take care of everything...🙏
Keep fighting..👊

15 August, 10:03
In response The Qake Lady to her Publication
Amen, Sis!

When the Rock Star Doc came in & asked how we were doing, I said, "He's go the devil by the tail & he's biting him in the ass!"

That's the attitude you have to have to deal with this stuff.

When I was going off the unit the other day, I heard someone say, "That poor man! His wife is so hard on him!" (This was SICU.)

I turned around & said to him, "This man is a WARRIOR, not a soyboy! If I were a soft sop & coddling him, he would hate that. He doesn't need mothering; he needs a coach, & preferably with a branding iron in one hand & a bull whip in the other!"

The couple looked shocked, but I could tell the guy understood.

Wayne doesn't want coddling; he wants to get better & get out of here. My job is to help him reach his goal.

You don't get there by saying, "Honey, baby, just please take a bitty sip of the nice water." LOL

You say, "Drink what you can, because I don't want to have to pour it into you, darling."