Yester Vue @realyestervue
Do not get me wrong, I am absolutely fully behind an effort like this! BUT! I am highly suspicious of something with these bags of "plastic garbage" retrieved from the oceans supposedly. Ever seen something that has been adrift for weeks/months/years? Where is all the seaweed? The barnacles and just general dirtiness this trash should all appear like but looks almost like "new trash" as in not even broken up into weird pieces mostly? All the plastic "items" look pretty much whole and new?
~
Or is it just me? What do you all think?

https://twitter.com/TheOce...
01:08 PM - Aug 03, 2022
Only people mentioned by realyestervue in this post can reply
Krs10 Justis @Krs10justis
07 August, 12:04
In response Yester Vue to his Publication
Trust your instincts. Scam for sure.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Cookie Lover @WonderBird
05 August, 03:20
Follow the money. Everything is a scam to get money.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
05 August, 04:27
In response Cookie Lover to her Publication
Indeed. Just that no one had/seemed to notice the new trash and wanted to get more opinions on my observation.

Generica Persona - ONE VOICE donated @akalaurel
04 August, 08:47
Grants? Fund raiser?
plain ol' _ virtue signaling?

04 August, 08:59
In response Generica Persona - ONE VOICE to her Publication
Just struck me as odd but started right away noticing how "clean" all of it was...

03 August, 05:08
No rope, no wood or logs...net strands just plastic only.

Q2Infinity 5D Earth @Patriot_iss
03 August, 04:21
Yes, it looks new to me. The question is why would they pretend to clean up the ocean unless they are getting paid big bucks to do so.

03 August, 05:06
In response Q2Infinity 5D Earth to her Publication

Kimberly Robinson donated @KRobinson77
03 August, 03:15
Prob hard to find old trash for a movie lol.

Corn Stalking @LucilleBaals
03 August, 03:10
should at the very least be a fish in there?
Excellent observation 💪👍👏

Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
03 August, 02:57
Agree

Ana Tate @Anatated
03 August, 02:36
Looks like cruise/cargo ship trash. Those bins remind me of food storage/processing containers.

Ask Yourself @AskYourself_45
03 August, 02:33
I just redid two tarps of materials in my city yard. Despite being fairly new heavy duty tarps (less than a year old), one now has a few rips, both needed to be scrubbed (bleached) and dried. Neither looks brand new, even after scrubbing. It seems pretty easy to fool us these days. Heck, I consider spider eggs to be land barnacles 🤣

PeQQy 222 @KnotMe
03 August, 02:30
There is a lot of uniformity in the content in that net too.

sercorimo ... @sercorimo
03 August, 02:29
Looks new

Kimmys ConjecturingAgain @KimmysConjecturingAgain
03 August, 04:04
In response sercorimo ... to her Publication
That is such a great point. You'd think even after a few days there's be slime, or as my dad used to say...mung puck a roo...I highly doubt they'd look new and clean like that!

Erin Smith @ErinLeigh
03 August, 02:27
Nah, not buying it...looks to new. When i walk on beach i see some trash, not alot. What i have seen is dirty, not clean

Kenneth Cox @Klc3
03 August, 02:12
i follow a lot of sailing YouTubers the trash is not as bad as they say but there is some mostly around the poorest countries. yes there should be more barnacles.

Soul Shine @soulshine
03 August, 02:00
Wouldn't there be fish caught up in the net?
I could not see a single one.

Leslie Henson @T_Radioactive
03 August, 01:46
looks too clean, even if it came off the surface it wouldn't look new

Morris Light donated @HiVibes
03 August, 01:35
I am in Puerto Vallarta and lately there have been alot of trash on the sand but that is because rivers near by are coming into the sea and tons of trash from THE RIVER. I have never seen this amount of trash when i go into the sea by boat

Scat ling @scatling
03 August, 01:32
Those beautiful blue plastic bins - yeah, sure they have been in the ocean ... Shoot, even if you walk on any beach, you know that garbage looks a lot more like garbage than this...

Julie Bobulie donated @PeaceIsThePrize
03 August, 01:30
Looks like new stuff to me. Did they fill the bag first with stuff from the Dollar Store and it’s not really plastic that was collected?

Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
03 August, 01:10
i think you are right. looks new.