Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
06 January, 05:47
Someone remind me again why we drink the blood of Christ @ Church. Have they perverted religion over time or do they all have dark origins?

Hard topic to talk about before this Pope.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Rena Charboneau @Rena
How did Jesus indicate there is another sense to the cup, making it the “cup of Jehovah” in which his followers might share?

11 These members do not share in providing the blood of the new covenant. Only Jesus does that. By his blood he mediates the new covenant in their behalf. And so the body members could not in that sense be “sharing in the blood of the Christ”. How, then, can the apostle’s words be true: “The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a sharing in the blood of the Christ?” (1 Cor. 10:16, NW) Because this cup is the “cup of Jehovah” in still another sense. How so? In that it pictures the portion which Jehovah has poured. Jesus and his little flock of Kingdom joint heirs must drink it in order to prove their integrity to Him and their worthiness of the Kingdom. This is the cup to which Jesus referred when, shortly after introducing the Memorial, he prayed: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.” And, aga
06:45 PM - Jan 06, 2022
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Only people mentioned by Rena in this post can reply
Rena Charboneau @Rena
06 January, 06:49
In response Rena Charboneau to his Publication
And, again: “My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place.” (Matt. 26:39, 42, NW) And when Peter, to defend Jesus, wounded one of the men who came out to arrest him, Jesus said: “Put the sword into its sheath. The cup that the Father has given me, should I not by all means drink it?”—John 18:11, NW.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Rena Charboneau @Rena
06 January, 06:51
In response Rena Charboneau to his Publication
12. How also was it shown to be a “cup of salvation”?

12 That “cup of Jehovah” symbolized God’s will for the drinker, and drinking it spelled suffering and death on the disgraceful torture stake for Jesus. But God’s will for Jesus did not end in his death. It also included the resurrection of Jesus from the dead to immortal life in heaven as a glorified Son of God, and so a saving of him out of death. (Heb. 5:7) It was therefore for him a “cup of salvation” also, salvation for holding fast his integrity to his Father without sin. Here the words of Psalm 116, which applies in particular to Jesus Christ in Gethsemane, are fitting, because Jesus determined to drink the “cup of Jehovah” even to the death: “What shall I render unto Jehovah for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of Jehovah. I will pay my vows unto Jehovah, yea, in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of Jehovah is the death of his saints.”—Ps. 116:12-15, A