TexasTrumpGirl Tammi @DaughterOfGod
15 April, 08:55
BECOMING FAST AND SLOW

When we're in difficult situations, it isn't always easy to stay calm or hold our tongue for very long.

But in James 1:19, we hear how we should respond...

Be quick to listen.
Be slow to speak.
Be slow to anger.

The world is the opposite:

Be slow to hear what others have to say.
Be quick to voice your own opinions.
Be quick to accuse, argue, and fight.

Why is it so important to James that Christ's followers don't behave like this? Because "human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires" (James 1:20)

Continued in Comments

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
15 April, 08:55
In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication
So what does produce the right kind of living that God desires?

The Word of God.

James told his friends to "get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the world planted in you, which can save you." (James 1:21)

He said that if they have the Word of God in them, and if they are obeying it, they will be blessed. (James 1:25)

James is clear that if we are to be followers of God, we must know God's Word and obey it. That means we need to take time to listen to others, pace ourselves when we speak, and keep our anger at bay.

So next time you're faced with something that makes you angry, take James' words to heart. Take time to temper your emotions, think through your feelings and arguments, and humbly pray for God to help you respond with kindness and grace.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Janet DuPre @JDuprayforhumanity
Pause when agitated …not always easy but always helpful in bringing about a calm solution to an angry situation. Good morning Tammi❤️. Have a wonderful day my dear
🙏💕🙏
09:02 AM - Apr 15, 2024
In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication
Only people mentioned by JDuprayforhumanity in this post can reply
15 April, 09:44
In response Janet DuPre to her Publication
🙏❤️🤗🕊️Good morning, Janet. Thank you. Yes, it does take some practice. Believe me. I go through this one quite frequently with my boys, even though they are adults. Sad, but true. I have to learn to bite my tongue all the time. It is truly difficult to do sometimes, but I am getting better each and every day. Wishing you and yours a blessed day and week ahead.🙏❤️🤗🕊️