SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
22 November, 04:15
From the archives: Walter Cronkite reports on John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963 - YouTube

On Nov. 22, 1963, at approximately 12:30 p.m. CST, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas while riding in a presidential motorcade. JFK,...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
LO_ Patriot @LO_Patriot
Interestingly enough, I wasn't born yet, but was created either days before or days after!

Daddy was in the US Navy Band. stationed in DC. He not only played forJFK's inauguration (among others), he marched & played in his funeral procession just behind the caisson carrying the President's casket... and right behind Blackjack, the riderless horse.

Momma & my aunt were on the roadside & snapped a few pictures for posterity...

Pics:
The caisson with flag-draped casket,
Blackjack,
Mrs. Kennedy & RFK with family, Daddy passing by playing,
JFK's gravesite the day of burial, & a favorite picture of my Daddy the way I remember him when I was little. I thought he was the greatest man on Earth! I still thought that the day he died in 2021! πŸ’“

I'll have to search, but I also have a photo of the gravesite after all the flowers were gone & you can see the "eternal flame" πŸ”₯ on the grave. I'm so glad that in such a time of grief, Momma thought to record this day in our history.
04:10 AM - Nov 23, 2023
In response SomethingAboutJohn to her Publication
Only people mentioned by LO_Patriot in this post can reply
SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
25 November, 12:56
In response LO_ Patriot to her Publication
πŸ’™πŸ˜”Thank you so much for sharing your family's memories of that day, Lo... Wow.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396