SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
From the archives: Walter Cronkite reports on John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963 - YouTube

On Nov. 22, 1963, at approximately 12:30 p.m. CST, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas while riding in a presidential motorcade. JFK,...

04:15 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Only people mentioned by SomethingAboutJohn in this post can reply
Suzanne C. 575 donated @Sepia3c
24 November, 12:19
In response SomethingAboutJohn to her Publication
I was just a kid, and yet I do remember the sound of Walter Cronkite's voice, as he read the news that fateful evening - devastating, even for us folks in Canada.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
LO_ Patriot @LO_Patriot
23 November, 04:10
Interestingly enough, I wasn't born yet, but was created either days before or days after!

Daddy was in the US Navy Band. stationed in DC. He not only played forJFK's inauguration (among others), he marched & played in his funeral procession just behind the caisson carrying the President's casket... and right behind Blackjack, the riderless horse.

Momma & my aunt were on the roadside & snapped a few pictures for posterity...

Pics:
The caisson with flag-draped casket,
Blackjack,
Mrs. Kennedy & RFK with family, Daddy passing by playing,
JFK's gravesite the day of burial, & a favorite picture of my Daddy the way I remember him when I was little. I thought he was the greatest man on Earth! I still thought that the day he died in 2021! πŸ’“

I'll have to search, but I also have a photo of the gravesite after all the flowers were gone & you can see the "eternal flame" πŸ”₯ on the grave. I'm so glad that in such a time of grief, Momma thought to record this day in our history.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
25 November, 12:56
In response LO_ Patriot to her Publication
πŸ’™πŸ˜”Thank you so much for sharing your family's memories of that day, Lo... Wow.

Ellen Nordlof @Elle777
22 November, 06:36
I was age 8. Brought a friend home from school to play. Instead of playing we were glued to the TV, everyone crying

Royal Raven @Royalraven
22 November, 04:53
Wasn't born yet.

Jodi AAA @SassyPatriot
22 November, 04:43
KEK.. Showing our ages πŸ€”
I was 3. Love all my AU Family! πŸ€—πŸ™ƒπŸ₯°

Chris David Bell @Only1CdnPatriot
22 November, 05:41
In response Jodi AAA to her Publication
I was wasn’t even a wet dream yet….9 years away from entering the scene. I did always think that WALTer KnonKite looked and sounded a lot like WALT Disney
πŸŽ₯πŸ°πŸ’«

connie wright @cowri
22 November, 04:42
I was 12 in the 7th grade-came over the intercom-😒I think this happened at 1:30 in Michigan-we were sent home-everyone cried-😒

MARY L. KIRBY BRYANT @MARYLKIRBYBRYANT
22 November, 04:39
I WAS 2 1/2 AND REMEMBER MY MOTHER SCREAMING
AND CRYING WE WERE STATIONED IN HAWAII AT THE TIME

Selah 321 @Selah
22 November, 04:38
I was 8

George Edmiston @BIGEDWYMANZ
22 November, 04:34
I WAS 7