Stephanie Foster @AmericanFoster
Who is or has gotten their fall gardens going. AIN'T gonna lie, my four seasons of choice would be summer, summer, summer, and summer. BUT getting mine ready next weekend. Cleaning them out this week, retilling and replanting. One cool thing about fall gardens, is the grass is dormant and well field grass is a thing down here.
08:56 AM - Sep 23, 2023 (E)
Only people mentioned by AmericanFoster in this post can reply
Camille 317 @Camille
23 September, 09:19
In response Stephanie Foster to her Publication
Stiil have tomatoes, peppers, beans and squash going. Fall lettuce, tatsoi, carrots, cabbages, and turnips growing. Getting ready to till a spot for winter cold frames.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
23 September, 09:44
In response Camille 317 to her Publication
YUM!!! I got some corn still making and some sweet potatoes, which are going nuts, hope the yield is great, if the top is any indication I think it will be mass amounts.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
23 September, 09:45
In response Camille 317 to her Publication
Do it FREN!!!

Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
23 September, 09:14 (E)
Unless I can plant something that can grow before it drops into the 20s (November), my growing is done for the year.

It was a terrible year this time, only thing that did well was potatoes!

Last year I had 28 squash, zucchini, 30 quarts of green beans, canned 16 jars of tomatoes, sent hubs to work with 3 gallons, and ended up throwing out a whole refrigerator draw full as I did my back in so was not able to process them, pickled 4 big jars of cucumbers, and 6 small, 12 Long Island cheese pumpkins, 2 dozen green peppers, 70 cayenne peppers...

This year 4 red tomatoes - all the rest are still green, 3 squash, no corn, mutated cucumbers, 1 gallon of green peppers, 4 quarts of beans, enough peas for 1 meal, 3 pumpkin, 80lb of potatoes.

Honestly, other than the potatoes, I do not know why I bothered this year. I started my seeds the usual way, tended the garden in the normal manner, we had loads of pollinators, but it was a complete bust, very sad. 😔

23 September, 09:47
In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication
ONLY thing the ag office is useful for imo is you can take a soil sample to them, they can test it and tell you what is low, dirt wise. Chief used to do that and his yields were great. THEN you can find the natural application for what they say is lacking.

23 September, 09:48
In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication
I got lots of jars to fill.....my yield was good, but didn't get around to it. BUT I got myself in aspects on a personal punch list, and them jars are getting filled THIS fall period. CANNING SUPAH STARS is what we need to go back to doing. DO IT FREN> respect.

23 September, 08:58
ANOTHER reason I got that travel trailer, something to design. AND getting a lil hot tub a blow up. FIRST PERSON to eo all their plastic pools etc, their hot tubs, basically all plastic made goods and use hemp instead just hit it out of the fookin park.

23 September, 08:59
That big ol firepit, trying to make this fall more appealing. Bell bottoms help. BUT fk yeah I would be happy in a ninety degree environment with water, all day long.

23 September, 09:01
I could go into great dorky detail about this aspect, but even on the surface don't take a rocket scientist to know plastic is fookin horrible. SO then I was like what is the solution. THEM taking their shit over and making hemp products instead. Been thinking about that for decades, and dive suits etc. on and on. BABY BOTTLES> all that stuff.