Only people mentioned by AprillFresh in this post can reply
Tmaga Amaga @Tag456
03 August, 04:06
In response Aprill Fresh to her Publication
Wow sad never thought about those shoes but yep it fits.
Evil vile scummy
Get em toto...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Other Half @Otherhalf
03 August, 11:22
And the answer to Dorothy's problems was a spell: clicking the shoes together 3 times, repeating "there's no place like home."

That spell can be read two ways: your home is uniquely awesome or you have no home.

Think about it: Dorothy, a newly "homeless" child lands among "munchkins" she inadvertently freed by killing an evil witch. She's forced to travel a money-paved road with brainless, heartless, & cowardly companions. She's pursued by another witch who wants the "shoes" that can only be removed by killing her, and that witch drugs Dorothy to sleep to keep her from running away. Finally a nice witch helps her fly "over the rainbow" to rejoin family.

While we do see the family enter the storm cellar in the first scene, Dorothy bangs for them to open the door right before the tornado hits. If they opened it offscreen just after she ran to the house, they could have been killed; which means the reunion scene could be in heaven.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Dottie French @DotOn777
03 August, 09:59
Several years ago, I believe it was the Denver Museum...I saw a pair of "Dorothy's shoes" from the Wizard of Oz movie.

After looking at the above [m.o.] shoes, I believe the red shoes that Dorothy wore in the movie, were also made of the same 'leather'.

The shoes were once covered in red sequins, but most had fallen off. I stood there, up close, looking at the most famous shoes worn during the movie, I know there was more than one pair. The shoes were not cow leather, and it was obvious to me. Oddly shaped, but the way the leather was worn away, it looked like lace, or webbing, in the worn spots...not like cow leather.

I grew up with that movie. It is my namesake. But sadly, over the years, I have learned the .e.v.i.l. displayed right in front of my eyes has been blinding.

It just hit me today...those shoes were made of childskin. 😭

Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
03 August, 10:10
In response Dottie French to her Publication
And if they were not, the symbolism is still there. Very sad. The wizard of Oz was a favorite of mine as a child. 🥺

Ron The Best is Yet to Come @Ringo4maga
03 August, 04:19
In response Dottie French to her Publication
Judy was so abused they ruined her life