Brandy Molina @bmolina0003
14 January, 08:00
Unfortunately, too many people are placing their parents, grandparents into LTC and Assisted Living facilities rather than making room for them in their own homes. They have all sorts of excuses. Actually, their reasons are golf, bowling, cruises, RV traveling, etc. While they are out enjoying their retirement(s), their parents are often alone and bored and frightened. Feeling helpless because they can no longer drive and take care of themselves. That will not be the case with my mother. She has the master bedroom in our home. She is the priority above all else in my life and in my heart. I will be here for her as long as I am alive. After all, she was the person who took me to piano and dance lessons. She made sure that I had dresses by sewing them by hand because she did not have a sewing machine. She gave her entire young years over to raising me and my brother. Although poor, we always had enough. It is the greatest honor of my life to be her caregiver.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Pueos Perch @ 10,000ft. @Hawkeye_Loccard
14 January, 09:04
In response Brandy Molina to her Publication
Very admirable and noble of you. But there will come a day when even you are maxed-out and unable to provide the necessary care. Better have a plan in place for that day, and PLENTY of $$ to cover in-home caregivers and nurses or the eventuality of RCFE or Skilled Nursing Facility room & board.

Are you ready and willing to change diapers and handle personality changes that 'come out of the shadows'?
You have no clue what the future holds, and I guarantee the situation can change in a day following a stroke or other major medical crisis. Ask me how I know....

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Thank you for your input. However, my granddaughter worked in a LTC facility for 17 years and she is a nurse. Believe me when I say that I could not do this without support from her, my family members and God. Mama does not want to die alone in a hospital with strangers. She wants to go to meet the Lord in her own bed with those who love her around her bed. That is how it's going to be. I will walk through fire to help her have the best possible life until her last breath is taken. This mission is not for everyone. It is for those who are called by God and who have the strong desire to do it. There is no amount of fear that will deter me and Mama. With God fear does not exist. I experience miracles every single day.
07:17 AM - Jan 15, 2023
Only people mentioned by bmolina0003 in this post can reply
Pueos Perch @ 10,000ft. @Hawkeye_Loccard
28 January, 07:32
In response Brandy Molina to her Publication
I just finished a 12 year journey in caregiving for parents (without prior training, without a clue) and buried my mother just last week.... I pray it goes smooth and trauma-free for you all...

28 January, 08:57
In response Pueos Perch @ 10,000ft. to his Publication
Thank you. I see what is coming. I am not going to be ready to see my Mama go, but I know that God's plan is far better than my plan. It is an honor to be here with her through the last days of her life on earth. It's so difficult to think about my life without her - my best and dearest friend. So I will take this one day at a time. God bless you.