Yankee Carolyn @YankeeCarolyn
28 December, 11:57
Why do we have to go to crypto?
I want cold, hard precious metals.
I'd be okay lugging around gold, silver and platinum coins. Truly.
No more abstracts, promisory notes, fiat, flakey online stuff. Give us something we can hold in our hands and know it's really there.
Who's with me?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
28 December, 12:02
In response Yankee Carolyn to her Publication
If a bad guy knows you carry gold they will just take it from you.
However here is the best alternative I have found that could work.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
28 December, 12:40
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
On the site I looked at, most notes were sold out... and, the one still available was $3.45 a piece, even though the denomination says '$1.00'

If this is to be currency, and not a collectors item, why even put a denomination on it?

If I presented this in Safeway, in one of the States allowing this currency - I would only get '$1' worth of goods for it, right?

If this is index linked to the price of gold, then again, why bother putting a denomination in it - either you can buy $3.45 worth of goods with it, or, its only worth that to another collector.

This is confusing to me.

Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! @Patriot63
This is from JM Bouillon
"Goldbacks were first introduced for the state of Utah, with the local government in the state introducing a bill in 2011 to give Utahans an option for paying with gold once again.

Though Goldback notes are not US legal tender, you do have the power to pay for goods and services within the state of issue with these Goldbacks. (so I can't use them in my state of MT for example)

***In order to use the notes for commercial transactions, vendors must volunteer to accept the notes.***
12:54 PM - Dec 28, 2022
In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Patriot63 in this post can reply
Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
28 December, 01:05
In response Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! to her Publication
This would make travel between states very cumbersome - travellers checks... ie universally accepted currency would be needed.

We will always arrive back at that point, because we no longer live the Medieval hamlett life, where traveling 10 miles was the trek of a lifetime.

Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! @Patriot63
28 December, 01:11
In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication
Exactly, until all states & vendors accept it, all you can do is keep in ur wallet or safe LOL. Still trying to find a site that explains the "1" on the note & how it's value is translated when u purchase something.