Martin Geddes donated @martingeddes
27 November, 09:24
The only way out of our collective mess is personal accountability. Just that's not particularly popular, especially to those with a religious or ideological mindset (same thing).

"I did all the correct and approved rites and rituals and recited the doctrines and dogmas perfectly... so why am I being judged so harshly as having been unrighteous in my compliance and complicity?"

Exactly.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Jason Webber @Haldir1970
I agree 100%.

A person can read the Bible backwards and forwards, memorize every verse, say every prayer they know, go and park their arse in the pew of their church every Sunday and will still face harsher judgement than a person who actually loved thy neighbour and did no harm to others.

Why? Because loving thy neighbour and doing no harm are the most important of God’s laws - living by these laws, a person cannot possibly break any of the others.

Also of paramount importance is - as you say - being able to take accountability for our actions and deeds. This means acknowledging when we did wrong and when possible, making amends and making things right. Most of all, we must LEARN from our mistakes and try never to repeat them.

The absolute worst thing any of us can do is JUDGE others FOR ANYTHING.

I acknowledge that I am guilty of all of the above to a greater or lesser extent. I try now to do better.
09:55 AM - Nov 27, 2022
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
Only people mentioned by Haldir1970 in this post can reply
Christus Vexed @jefzef
27 November, 10:50
In response Jason Webber to his Publication
Loving and seeking God and his perfect and Holy will, to the exclusion of everything and everyone else, is the first and most important commandment.

It is not possible to truly love your neighbor, especially an evil one, unless it is done for God's sake.

To properly love your neighbor, it is NECESSARY to make appropriate judgements based on behavior.

Are you loving the narcissist, adulterer, alcoholic, pedophile, thief, abuser, cheater, liar, rapist, transsexual, indoctrinated communist, murderer of the born and unborn by choosing not to judge and failing to point out the grave damage they do to themselves and everyone around them?

Without proper judgement, you can neither guide a neighbor off the wrong path, or support them on the right one.

Failure to judge is apathy toward your neighbor. Failure to desire the good of your neighbor is apathy toward God. Failure to desire God makes all failures complete.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Jason Webber @Haldir1970
27 November, 11:36
In response Christus Vexed to his Publication
I agree with your first statement completely.

As for when you say “Are you loving the narcissist, adulterer, alcoholic, pedophile, thief, abuser, cheater, liar, rapist, transsexual, indoctrinated communist, murderer of the born and unborn by choosing not to judge and failing to point out the grave damage they do to themselves and everyone around them?” My answer is this:

What did Jesus do to Mary Magdelene when her neighbours stood in judgement of her on the basis of the accusation that she was a harlot? Did he do as you suggest & join the “righteous” rabble & cast stones at her?

All of those you name are guilty of breaking the very laws I mentioned. They did not love their neighbours &, in so doing, did their neighbour great harm. On this Earth we must recognize their great wrong & STOP them from continuing to wrong. This is JUSTICE, which you confuse with judgement. Judgement is God’s and God’s alone.
Continue to justify your choice to judge. We all face God in the en

Jason Webber @Haldir1970
27 November, 11:53
In response Christus Vexed to his Publication
Seeing others trespasses and HELPING them to see their errors is our calling.

To prevent them from continuing to do wrong is the extent to which we are authorized to act. This is justice, not judgement.

It is for God to condemn, and He will.

I am sorry, but I hear anger (justified) and hate (never justified) in your argument. We do not exist to judge that which we did not create.

From the group you condemn, I exclude “transexuals” - they are grossly misled people who need our help not our judgement. With this group I keep repeating Jesus words that he cried out as he died on the cross, JUDGED by people who believed themselves to be His betters: “Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.”

Please be careful in passing out judgement on your neighbour, because there will always be some among those you condemn who could have been saved had you condescended to withhold your judgement.