SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
21 November, 04:21
"During Thanksgiving 1995, the writer Peter Alson went with a group of 12 people, including John & Carolyn, to a secluded resort in Guanaja, Honduras. They were all together for 10 days. One morning, Alson found himself alone at breakfast with John.

'So, if you weren't spending Thanksgiving here, where would you be right now?' he asked John. He quickly realized he hadn't thought through the question carefully enough. 'For a moment he stared at me without saying anything.' Alson recalled. 'Then he looked down, and I saw tears in his eyes. I hadn't been thinking. The date was November 22, the anniversary of his father's assassination, and a year & a half since Jackie had died. He was turning 35 in a couple of days, & it would be one of the first Thanksgivings he would spend without her.

The fact that I, an almost stranger, knew all these things about him, made me understand his need for the self-protective force field he always seemed to have.'"
--"Four Friends," by Wm. D. Cohan

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Angels Here -Z @SirHuckleberry
Nana was about 5 in 1963 and I cried all night with John John.
Idk why really it was my first experience with death.
That was one of, if not my very first memory in this life & I wasnt sure why I was crying. I only have one other memory that young. We had just gotten our first TV.

Then again on 11/22/91 Nana cried all night again when my Dad died on that same day.
He was my Rock!
03:32 PM - Nov 21, 2022
In response SomethingAboutJohn to her Publication
Only people mentioned by SirHuckleberry in this post can reply
SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
21 November, 03:43
In response Angels Here -Z to her Publication
😔🙏💙 So very sorry, Nana, for your loss, and what an empathetic heart at only five. God bless and comfort you!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
21 November, 04:08
In response SomethingAboutJohn to her Publication
I remember it freaked my Mom out. I mean the whole family was sad and ppl on TV were crying as well that next day but she couldnt understand why I was crying so much. I remember that part.

Little John was so brave!
His Father was no doubt proud!

The entire world grieved with little John and then adopted him as their own to watch over the rest of his life!