Yankee Carolyn @YankeeCarolyn
Don't buy canned dogfood.
It's expensive and not that good for your dog
buy inexpensive cuts of meat and put in the effort of cooking some up ever 2 or 3 days
consider these things which are cheaper tham dogfood:
chicken livers, chicken hearts, cube steak, ground chicken, ground turkey, chicken thighs.
always cooking it is a habit to get into but it's not a big deal.
Also...i have a fam of 5...sometimes it's cheaper to buy a lot and portion off some for the dog that will not be spiced.
be aware that they need more meat for a serving than dry dog food be suse dry dog food bloats up in their stomaches.
you can add rice with meat juices if you're low on meat but no potatoes.
10:21 AM - Nov 11, 2022
Only people mentioned by YankeeCarolyn in this post can reply
Lenore Lahnagan donated @lee
06 April, 07:06
In response Yankee Carolyn to her Publication
I have been making my dogs food for many years store bought is full of nasty stuff

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Kraken Patriot @willowt
12 November, 08:01
This is working for us and not a lot of work… https://www.MealMixForDogs... by Dr. Karen Becker.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Kindred Spirit @OccamsRazQr
12 November, 12:10
Great advice!
I did this for many, many years.
My little buddy made it to 20.5 years, the vet admitted whatever I was doing, it worked!

anna justice @Truth_
11 November, 06:22
There was a sign hanging at our local grocery saying there is a shortage of dog food for the rest of the year. All the shelves in my area (N GA) are bare this week re dry dog food

11 November, 10:58
In response anna justice to her Publication
good time to start this then!

vox nova @panda_code2
11 November, 05:49
Just saw this vet inspired recipe today, looks great for beginners 🤍
https://www.tiktok.com/t/Z...

God Wins donated @GR2021
11 November, 02:18
Great post! cooked meat, rice, raw veggies, eggs and sardines in water. Raw meat bones to chew on. Could not see him eating dry dog food. When dogs are given exclusive store bought dry dog food, obesity, gut issues, arthritis, etc are common. Then so much money on vets which could be spent of fresh food.

Pink Totter @Totter
11 November, 12:23
Animal health 101, what comes out shows the healthiness of the food... if animals are pooping a lot and loose stools, they aren't getting what they need from their food. Some dry dog food is wonderful, problem is it will cost 2 to 3 times more than low quality dog food, on the bright side, they will not eat as much of it, they get the nutrients they need from a smaller serving.

Teresa Johnson @Teresaoldenways
11 November, 12:23
I cook any pork I give the dogs, but red meats are given raw daily over a small portion of dry dog food I raise chickens, goats and sometimes a pig... they get all the offal meat, eggs and fresh raw goat milk (don't tell me "theysay" milk is bad for dogs, I have fed it for 35 years) everything is used form the animals I raise. .

Nunya Effin Bizness @Nunyaeffinbizness
11 November, 01:38
In response Teresa Johnson to her Publication
mad respect!!!

my dogs ate salmon & moose with dry - (and anything else that i cooked and didn't have room in the fridge for) 😂

i bet your dogs aren't neurotic either like all the "pets" i see these days - prana is real

i'm happy to know there are women like you still out there in the world

Suzy Bear @Suzyq_stayfrosty
11 November, 12:13
Canned and dry dog food have the nastiest meats in it from rendering plants. Remember the saying "nothing goes to waste".

11 November, 10:55
In response Suzy Bear to her Publication
chemicals too

Awake Now @Awakenow
11 November, 12:06
Do you/Can you add veggies like peas and carrots along with rice? I've been thinking of making more natural food for my little guy, so the timing of your post is great!

11 November, 10:55
In response Awake Now to her Publication
sure! they can eat carrots and peas

Teri DeMauro @TeriDeMauro
11 November, 11:55
Excellent message.... I've been cooking for my dogs for years.... My Chihuahua Dexter, I have had since birth and he just turned 17. He still eats small meals 3 times a day and has no health issues other than his vision is pretty bad. The only vaccines he has ever had was Rabies. He walks every day, but just to the corner and back. He knows when he gets done doing that he gets a nice cooked carrot for his treat. He will do anything for a treat.

Stella Bella @NasNas
11 November, 11:47
For years no more dry catfood but raw...chicken necks is favourite, chicken hearts, lamb heart, etc. They love it....even. have bought frozen mice a few times but that's very expensive.

Eyes Open @EyesOpen2020
11 November, 11:07
ground turkey or eggs with every meal❤️ she had her first round of shots before we brought her home but have been avoiding any more.

LeLe John @Grace1125
11 November, 10:41
yep amd same for Cats! my cat gets cooked chicken, tuna, sweet potato, sometimes brown rice and even some broccoli added in

Lori Lyndsey @Rustic_Extras
11 November, 11:40
In response LeLe John to her Publication
Do you add anything else?

Mom Of2 @Donnathemomof2
11 November, 11:44
In response LeLe John to her Publication
I read that cats need taurine. I have two cats I give raw chicken and raw fish.

Patriotic Realtor @PatrioticRealtor
11 November, 10:32
They targeted "man's best friend" with processed food too and is why they have just as many medical issues as humans. Thank you for sharing!