HTG TheolddoG @HTGthelapis
#Family is Everything
Today, May 4, it is Remembrance Day in the Netherlands for the victims of the Second World War. That brought me to the following memory: My grandfather and grandmother (on my mother's side) were German, but they emigrated to the Netherlands long before the First World War. They lived in a town close to the German border in the east of the Netherlands. During the last two years of the war they, along with their ten children, sheltered four Jewish men in the house that my grandfather built himself. He had a very large construction company and built a shelter for the men under the house. So they lived with 16 people in that house. Two months before the end of the war, the hideout was betrayed to the Germans by someone in the town.
03:06 AM - May 04, 2022
Only people mentioned by HTGthelapis in this post can reply
LightHeartAnon • LHA donated @LightHeartAnon
04 May, 09:49
In response HTG TheolddoG to his Publication
Beautiful family history! I shudder to think what happened after the Germans came…
My Oma is Austrian & My Opa (RIP) fought in WW2, served in Military Intelligence for 50 years. He had a good role in helping end the war from what I learned. So much darkness. Thank God the light is piercing through the veil more & more. People like your Oma & Opa, like you & all the good people on earth make it a lighter place.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
04 May, 09:55
In response LightHeartAnon • LHA to her Publication
Thank you very much for your wonderful response. Nice to know that your ancestors played such a role in acquiring peace! Brave parents and ancestors! Yes, the only solution is Light ... lots of light ... and we need to work on that with as many people as possible. I'm glad I got to meet you here on AnonUp (home). God Wins! 🌷☀️☀️☀️🌹

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
George Yancho @mt4trump
04 May, 09:12
Dad spent 6 months helping build the Margratten cemetery as an army engineer.

04 May, 09:40
In response George Yancho to his Publication
That is amazing!! It is one of the most beautiful and sacred military cemeteries I know. I've been there many times... Thank you for sharing! godspeed!!

04 May, 03:06
A truck full of SS men then came to collect the Jewish people in hiding, much to the shock of my grandfather and grandmother, because they would be picked up the next day and probably shot. But because the command center of the Germans was bombed that night by English planes and completely destroyed, the papers and the order to pick up my grandfather and grandmother were also destroyed. That saved their lives. What is terrible is that the 4 Jewish men all 4 perished in Auschwitz. My parents bought the house in the early 60's and took care of my grandfather and grandmother until their death. I grew up in that house and was always very impressed by the bomb shelter under the house. What did I learn from it? That you should be brave in life, be there for other people ... that God disposes. I have wonderful memories of my brave grandfather and grandmother. Family is everything!

hope saxton @Scribe11
04 May, 10:18
Thank you for sharing this. We could all learn a lot about bravery from your grandparents.
So many people need to read this. We have been conditioned to be meek, obey the government and fear them.
This story is a reminder that we humans can persevere, stand up and help one another.
I believe our mission is to surround our selves in light and share that light with our brothers and sisters.
And love...love is the meaning of ALL.
God bless you and your brave family.
Sending love to you from Canada ❤️.

LightHeartAnon • LHA donated @LightHeartAnon
04 May, 01:36
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻