John Qpublic @Jamesbridgebuilder
I no longer believe in God because I fear damnation.

At one time that may have been the case but it is not so now.
I believe in God because through my long years I have tried to be a good man and time and time again I have failed. I have seen my deeds done with the best intentions turn into acts of hate and destruction.
I do not have the ability to become the man I truly wish to be, the man who longs for God and walks the righteous path. I am not that man, not now, not ever. It is only through God and with his help that I can ever hope to be anything close. This is the reason I believe in God.
I know that I would not want to be something better if there were not already something better to show me the way.
I seek forgiveness and knowledge because I want to be better with every fiber of my being. But I can not alone.
To know I am loved when I find myself unworthy of it is Godly.
This is why I believe.
May the Lord help us all become righteous.
12:04 AM - Nov 02, 2021
Only people mentioned by Jamesbridgebuilder in this post can reply
Wlim Elgof @johnny1x
15 November, 11:22
In response John Qpublic to his Publication
There are those of us who would believe that simple admission, is the secret to life. It most certainly is the secret, of a Well lived life
Nicely said.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396

Only followers of this user (KimDonaldson07) can see their posts

KoKo Taylor @Morkiepoo
02 November, 07:21
I needed to hear this right now at this exact moment. James, I feel the same way. I pray every night to be a better person, get up the next morning and try, but still go to bed frustrated that I cannot be that Godly person. I see friends that just project the Holy Spirit in their every word and action and I wonder why I can't be that person. I found you for a reason, I keep trying to figure out how I got here, I know it was originally through Twitter before everyone got booted, but as Q always says, there are no coincidences! Thank you for your honesty. I believe in God with all my heart, I have seen Him guide me through some miraculous stuff and still I fall short of His glory everyday. Just me, a human, but I know God love me!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ donated @Quilibet
02 November, 06:44
I know the feeling.
It has been said before ; it is not the world that is broken...it is me, " I am broken ".
I cannot fix or undo what I have done in the past. I can try all I want to be the right person, but I fall short because those expectations are mine and not of God. He has given me the ability and strength to do good things. I should have been lying in a ditch somewhere many years ago, instead I have had many chances to make things right. I do not fear God, that is the opposite of love. Rather I love God and look to see his face. I feel an energy or warmth as if standing in sunshine, when I am truly seeking and praying. God be with you, James.

Serah Oceane ♡ @QueenEsther
02 November, 06:45
In response Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ to his Publication
👏👏👏
😊🙏🤍

KoKo Taylor @Morkiepoo
02 November, 07:36
In response Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ to his Publication
Okay you and James are making me cry again! I was looking for the right words when I posted a response to James. You had the right words, "I am broken." I get up everyday and try to glue the pieces back together, only to shatter a little later in the day. I have done many things that should keep me from heaven but I pray. I love God and my mom always told me He is our Heavenly Father, and reminded me of all the times my earthly father grounded me, yelled at me, disapproved of my action, etc. BUT he never stopped loving me. So I have to believe the Supreme Father still loves me too. The fire and brimstone God my Lutheran faith raised me to believe in, really isn't the One I believe in. God bless you for your honesty. You have impacted one stranger more than you can know!

Ana Tate @Anatated
02 November, 12:31
A simple prayer when I find myself lacking.

Father, please be merciful with us, as you teach us to walk humbly by Your side.

James, you are closer to Him than you know. It is the one who wants to destroy you that tells you that you aren’t enough. God says you are everything and the ransom has already been paid. Trust that all you go through, is for His glory. You cannot make a mistake that He cannot correct. We don’t fail Him when we make mistakes. We learn more about Him and ourselves. Nothing is wasted.

02 November, 04:35
In response Ana Tate to her Publication
Thank you for the prayer. I know I am enough because he tells me I am. My greatest sin is at times not believing it. Who am I to question the father? You are right, nothing is ever wasted and nothing is ever without value. I believe that and so I believe in him. Praise God in all his glory.

Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! @Patriot63
02 November, 12:21
unconditional love

02 November, 04:36
In response Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! to her Publication
A concept so hard to grasp in man's world but something we all wish for. Since we can not give it blessed be the name of the Lord God who can. It will heal us all.

Purpose Prophet @mountainminder
02 November, 12:12
Many walk that path alongside you as brothers and sisters. It is within that humility that we may all rise together.

02 November, 04:38
In response Purpose Prophet to his Publication
Amen. May we all be as children.

Loose Hubcap @LooseHubcap
02 November, 12:08
What an interesting take yet so spot on. TY. God Bless You

02 November, 04:40
In response Loose Hubcap to her Publication
Thank you, truth can hurt but it also heals. This is my truth. May God keep you until we all meet again.