STL Anon @STLAnon
04 May, 04:59

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
DAN MARTIN @DANMARTIN17
Nothing has changed since I was in High School in the 60's. My Algebra teacher had Tenure and would sit behind his desk reading Field and Stream while we worked on problems. I asked him for help on a formula and he told me "Read your book" to which I replied "I did read it and I don't understand the formula" to which he replied "Read it again"
I lost it and said "I may not understand Algebra but I'm great at English and the Root of the word Teacher is Teach, so why don't you put the magazine in a drawer and do your damn job?"
I was expelled from the class with a failing grade.
Tenure for teachers needs to go because it breeds entitlement and contempt and disdain for those they are supposed to be helping.
10:31 AM - May 04, 2021
In response STL Anon to his Publication
Only people mentioned by DANMARTIN17 in this post can reply
Spear Header3 @Spearheader3
04 May, 11:08
In response DAN MARTIN to his Publication
Loved your story. We probably all have examples of “teachers” that made a difference in our lives...both positive and negative. Those who shared the love of learning, rather than what we were learning, were the best in my memories.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Dwayne ThePain1111 @MasterPent
04 May, 11:02
been there, got a GED instead

Ime Sometimes @starseasons
04 May, 10:45
That's a good step. We have a MAJOR problem with the MAJORITY of teachers. I don't care if this offends you. It is time we take teachers off of their victim pedestals. We are going to have to have an HONEST discussion about the entire education system and the teachers in this country soon. And it needs to start with acknowledging that teachers are not victims

DAN MARTIN @DANMARTIN17
04 May, 10:58
In response Ime Sometimes to her Publication
so true! The one good memory of a teacher from my past was when my teacher got a message delivered to her and she immediately went to the coat closet and closed the door behind her. We could hear her sobbing inside but had no idea why.
When I got home I learned President Kennedy had just been assassinated. I hate to say it but the majority of teachers today would celebrate rather than mourn the passing of such a man.