Ghost Ezra @GhostEzra
19 April, 07:48
Not Mick Jagger has a message for everyone.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
General Khaos @IgnoranceIsBl20
20 April, 01:29
In response Ghost Ezra to his Publication
The Rolling Stones - Salt Of The Earth (Official Video) [4K] - YouTube

The Rolling Stones performing “Salt Of The Earth” from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.Recorded before a live audience in London in 1968, The Rolling...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
robin fineman @RobinD
I have never seen nor heard this song. YES I
know what they are/were but I would have
enjoyed being there. It looks like fun and
I don't think anyone else besides them
knew what they're about.
06:32 PM - Apr 20, 2021
In response General Khaos to his Publication
Only people mentioned by RobinD in this post can reply
Pike Bishop @Pike_Bishop
15 August, 10:08
In response robin fineman to her Publication
The song "Salt of the Earth" was on the Stones' 1968 album "Beggars Banquet." That album was promoted with this, "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus," also released in 1968, where this performance was from, along with the album's "Sympathy of the Devil," "Parachute Woman," "You Can't Always Get What You Want," and "Jumpin' Jack Flash," among others.

"Circus" featured performances from the Stones, the Who, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Taj Mahal and others. Lennon, Clapton, Keith Richards (on bass) and Jimi Hendrix drummer Mitch Mitchell formed a once-only band "The Dirty Mac" and performed the Beatles' "Yer Blues" with Lennon on vocals, of course.

The Who performed a lively version of "A Quick One While He's Away." You can see Pete Townsend and Keith Moon of the Who in the crowd clowning around toward the end of this song.

Pike Bishop @Pike_Bishop
15 August, 10:22
In response Pike Bishop to his Publication
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" weren't from Beggars Banquet, btw. YCAGWYW was actually released on "Let it Bleed" after Beggars Banquet. JJF was released as a single in 1968. Both songs were being worked on while Beggars Banquet was being recorded.

Mick Taylor replaced increasingly unreliable and substance-incapacitated Brian Jones (the blond-haired, glassy-eyed Stone in the Salt of the Earth video) during work on Let it Bleed. Jones died within of month of being fired - reportedly an alcohol- and drug-related drowning.

That was a whole lot of classic Stones stuff being worked on at the same time. Any artist would be hard-pressed to produce that many all-time classics in such a short period of time.