Silver Cat @silvercat
You may be able to help me with something; this is strange. We are dealing with a cat who has this odd swelling on her right front wrist; she does not wish to put weight on it. Took her to the vet, X-rays show no bone damage; no breaks. When she took antibiotics swelling went down, but now it is back; antibiotics done. Am going to try febendazole. Had a cat who also had this, and had to be put to permanent sleep because of pneumonia. Have never seen this swelling on joints of paws ever fore in cats. Ideas? Thank you all!
08:20 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Only people mentioned by silvercat in this post can reply
Kheri Lin donated @KheriLin
02 April, 01:21
In response Silver Cat to his Publication
Not sure how effective antibiotics really are. I hope it feels better:)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Ana Tate @Anatated
01 April, 09:45
A similar story I know of. This one the cat was traced back to jumping off a couch. They knew because they saw it happen. Swelling at the joint. Ex rays showed nothing. Antibiotics reduced swelling but it would come back once stopped.

Finally, after months, there was enough damage done to the bone to show up on an exray. It was determined that there had been a fracture all along but the ex rays didn’t pick it up because of where in the joint they believed it occurred.

Poor thing ended up with an amputation because the fracture, left untreated, got infected and destroyed the bone.

I’m not saying this is the case for your kitty. I just know that it was pretty traumatic to go thru months of not getting answers and have it end up the way it did.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Kathryn Monette @Kae12cee34
01 April, 08:25
Has the cat been outside? Reason I ask, I had one very similar. Turns out that he got outside & was bitten by a snake. Also had one that was stung by a scorpion. This was when I lived in Texas.