Carole Mac
HerbsandDirt
I was in elementary school in the 70’s.

My experience:

Did not know ONE autistic child.

No one had a gluten allergy.

No one had peanut allergies.

No one had milk allergies.

No one was bouncing off the walls from ADD or ADHD.

No one had autoimmune diseases at that age.

No inhalers on the playground.

Anyone else?
05:12 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Only people mentioned by COMMANDERVALIANTTHOR in this post can reply
CM_ Patriot @IMPatriotRU
23 January, 09:27
In response COMMANDER VALIANTTHOR to his Publication

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Widget 260 @widget260
23 January, 04:22
No one even had seasonal allergies in the 70's. We were much healthier until big Pharma got too greedy.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Every Time @soTELLme533
23 January, 03:40
Grew up in the 60-70s
We had one boy who died of cancer and a girl who only attended classes a few times. She had a condition where her body was covered with hair. Poor girl, too strange.
And that was in a class numbering a total of 30 children!
In a Northeast rural-suburban area
Never thought much about it until now.
There were also students who may have been diagnosed as on the autism spectrum, but they were just considered overly shy, extremely so.
One student was definitely ADHD but it wasn't diagnosed back then.
The tecaher placed his desk in the front of the room, right next to the teacher's desk and that made the kid behave.

Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
23 January, 03:37
I was in junior school in the 60s, and, we had one girl who was allergic to milk (lactose intolerance), otherwise, we had the usual sicknesses, measles, mumps, chicken pox, German measles....

I remember one of the boys on my housing estate, getting measles, and we all went to his house to catch it.

Nothing like your own natural immunity.

Jazzy Joly @JazzyJoly
23 January, 10:42
UK here.

I knew one lass in our whole school of over a thousand pupils who had a slight asthma problem, and could only run short races in our sports classes.

Apart from that, nothing, no allergies, nowt.

And kids weren't fat.

Lynn Tapper @lst5050
23 January, 10:39
From the 50s on - no one had any of these "diseases" - but the polio vax we were given back then is said to be causing cancer today. 12 children in my family and we all had chicken pox, measles, mumps and everything else but no one died or even came close to it. Sorry I ever vaxxed my kids as today they have health issues from vaxxes, food, etc.

Domestic Geek @DomesticGeek
23 January, 10:26
My best friend had an inhaler for her asthma, but she grew out of it. I knew one girl who was allergic to strawberries. That's it. I was just saying to my partner the other day that I didn't know one single kid with a peanut allergy. I grew up in a suburb of Denver, it's not like I was in a really small town.

The Qake Lady @QakeLady
23 January, 10:19
Same here Commander, we must be about the same age and I got the small child 3-f'er jab MMR (the one that left a round scar on the arm and I still got mumps as a kid, also Chicken Pox, lived thru it fine)... 55 years later I have not been jabbed with anything since and I will NOT ever ... I too do not remember any of the childhood issues we see now in any classmates or fiends back then...ENOUGH is ENOUGH💥

Fight_for_Life @Fight_for_Life
23 January, 10:08
1 peer with a peanut allergy and 1 peer with spina bifida that I grew up with. Also, 1 peer that had a rifle mounted across the back window of his truck that parked on school grounds and nobody thought was odd. The high school had a courtyard where people still smoked during study hall until late 80s maybe.

Forever Patriot donated @EyeQtest
23 January, 09:32
In response Fight_for_Life to her Publication
High school, in central KY, 1970’s. Every farm boy, had 4 wheel drive with gun racks, displaying his weaponry!! About 25% of vehicles in school lot! Lol Perfectly legal, no one breaking into vehicles like now either!

Sarah Jones @MsSarah
23 January, 09:59
There was only one kid I knew of when I was in grade school who was allergic to strawberries. Beyond that, nobody else had problems. We were more healthy in our days because we ate well, played outside in the sunshine and fresh air, got good sleep at night and didn't have 100 different vaccines jabbed into our little bodies.

Tracey Weller @Tweller
23 January, 03:53
In response Sarah Jones to her Publication
And drank from a garden hose.

Hollie Ryb donated @Hollier
23 January, 09:57
I knew 1 girl in crutches/walker..

Brizby Finley @BrizbyFinley
23 January, 08:57
Same….. that all began in the mid 80’s… that’s also when they added more and more injections required for the vaccination program

Joyce Zikursh @CountryJoy
23 January, 08:09
In the 50's most brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches + a thermos of milk: no allergies. Spot on with the rest mentioned. Only got polio vaccine back then, (a neighbors kid got the shot: then got polio!) Foods: stored in glass jars, not plastic containers. Mercury thermometers, if one broke, we had to call special housekeeping team to clean it up it was considered too toxic to handle (now it's in vaccines, etc, "as a preservative!")

George Edmiston @BIGEDWYMANZ
23 January, 06:18
only vaccine I got was polio but had chicken pox measles mumps if you got a chest cold they made mustard plaster or onion plaster only time you went to the doctor was if you were near death

Kira Kju @kju17
23 January, 05:51
didn't we meet at school?

Enchanted Mermaid donated @PygmyGazette
23 January, 05:14
WOW! YOU MADE A GREAT POINT--INCREDIBLE