Only people mentioned by jtwightman in this post can reply
Christine De7 donated @ChristineDe7
07 November, 03:41
In response Jack Wightman to his Publication
Thank you for posting this. Ask and you will see that this has been quite a mystery. I wonder why. Many are told it is not an acronym for “British Accredited Registry.” They will say that aside from making little sense, this assertion is patently false.

This is what they are told about the origins of the term “bar” as it relates to legal practice:

The word “bar” refers to the railing that separates the working area of the court from the spectator area.
The word “bar” in bar exam or bar association refers to the community of lawyers admitted to practice law. It derives from the physical rail or bar that divides the gallery from the part of the courtroom where the lawyers, parties, judge, and jury sit. Thus, lawyers must literally “pass the bar” to enter a courtroom.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Evangelina @Evangelina
07 November, 03:01
I think about this quite often Jack, as I
have a personal interest.

At what point in the process of attending
law school or passing the bar do these
individuals know they are pledging to the
crown?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Gigi 1217 @AnneM1217
07 November, 03:00
Little side note...I was tapped for dury duty last year. I wrote this out on my "interview" sheet. Surprisingly I didn't get called for jury duty....probably never will!😆

Evangelina @Evangelina
07 November, 03:02
In response Gigi 1217 to her Publication
Good for you!! 😎🔥