Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
15 August, 05:17
Wanna see me dress my booboo?

For those that don't know slipped with a dry wall razer and stuck it a 1/2 inch into my palm. Would have needed 2 or 3 stitches.

Decided to suck it up and go with Crazy Glue.

This how I clean, reapply and make waterproof.

Note: the powder is Baking Soda and you can use duct tape if no bandaid.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
17Commentary 17C @17Commentary
Not sure if you took my advice on the baking soda trick, or if you knew it yourself, but I love seeing the message spread!

It’s really super cool!

Good looks, VK!
06:02 PM - Aug 15, 2023
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Only people mentioned by 17Commentary in this post can reply
Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
15 August, 07:26
In response 17Commentary 17C to his Publication
someone mentioned it on twitta. if it was you Thx. love the technique. saves a bunch of time

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
17Commentary 17C @17Commentary
15 August, 09:54
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Super cool stuff with it when holding parts together. The baking soda causes the glue to actually harden in situ and adds the thickness of the carbonate layer. As a result, you end up with meaurable thickness gussets in quick assemblies (3D prints, thin materials, etc)
Lots of applications for this at the small parts / prototyping scale. Has me wondering if the same can be achieved at construction scale, given the right materials… obviously structural strength is a concern when we start talking about a building and not a model in hand, but that’s what materials science is for :)