Waiting4Home Anon @Waiting4Home
Why have people stopped going to church?
When did "church" stop being a community?

Is it related?

Love to hear your thoughts.
10:14 AM - May 29, 2023
Only people mentioned by Waiting4Home in this post can reply
Erin Turner @Pinkcoyote7
29 May, 11:30
In response Waiting4Home Anon to her Publication
Good question. Symptom of the larger problems maybe. Very disconnected and disengaged population. We have lost real community in a lot of ways. Do we bring the welcome wagon around to new members to our communities or neighborhoods? Get together and clean the local parks or cemeteries? Go caroling? Do we even know our neighbors? Are the churches run locally or following dictates by larger orgs? I will be thinking on it.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Waiting4Home Anon @Waiting4Home
29 May, 12:26
In response Erin Turner to her Publication
I've been thinking on it for years...........

I never left GOD - or my faith - but there was a time I no longer felt safe .. in what the US calls a church.

I feel "safe" - now that I can attend online.. but miss a true community that I grew up in.... which btw - I'm not sure I'd fit into ever again... for all the reasons others have listed ...

I feel comforted that I know GOD always has a plan bigger than what I can see - but it saddens me to see so many young people - who have never ever known what a true "elder" - i.e. mature man/woman of God looks like. .. It saddens me that everything is so disjointed - and the stage masters.... don't think to even care about the audience members they "perform" for. Or do they ??

I don't know.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Victor This Guy @This_guy
29 May, 10:37
I for one, never went until I was invited by my uncle cuz they needed a guitarist for the worship band. I was immediately accepted and treated very well...UNTIL some old battle-axes began whispers of: All the young mothers are too involved with him! A choir singer and friend Mary and I began singing and playing acoustic at hm bible study...which began to be THE place to be Mon, Friday, and every rehearsal Tues & thurs. Wednesday and Sunday services attendance was thru the roof! It was thought that the young mothers were "distracted" by my presence...and they suspected I was leading them to be "too independent" from they're young husbands. 🙄 I was asked to step down "until all was calmed down" regarding my presence. Saturday was the only day I had nothing church related to do. Those nites we all got together anyway and hung out. This was because the young fathers weren't "attentive" enuff to their young wives. My hide was offered to calm them. I left for good. Haven't been since. 🤍😐!

Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
29 May, 10:34
My husband and I stopped going to an amazing church when the elders of the church removed a great pastor and replaced him with one quite a bit younger who had no grasp of the true gospel of grace. The church went from a vibrant church full of light to a church literally turned to a solemn gray. We joined a home church group/ Bible study. Most organized churches are work based churches and, do not teach the New Covenant of grace. Too many churches are run as businesses. We have grown in our faith by listening to truly grace based teachers via video, both on our own and with a small home based study group. 😇

Nunya Effin Bizness @Nunyaeffinbizness
29 May, 10:33
When the minister asked God in a prayer for his Super Bowl team to win.

Exit stage right ...