Vincent Kennedy⍟ donated @VincentKennedy
20 March, 02:40
Grew up not supposed to eat meat on Friday during lent. It was a big nono. I don't remember the year but one Friday during lent the church said they made an exception and you can eat meat that friday.

That began my journey of realizing Church has nothing to do with G_d.

Same with School. Felt like teachers were making up history on the fly.

The only true answers I could find were within my gut.

Trusting yourselves = Trusting G_d

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Lauren M Bradley @Lauren_M_Bradley
Eating crackers and grape juice pretending it's supposed to be Yahs body and blood never EVER sat right with me.
02:48 PM - Mar 20, 2023
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Only people mentioned by Lauren_M_Bradley in this post can reply
jason Harms @Harms52
20 March, 04:48
In response Lauren M Bradley to her Publication
Exactly!
I went to a catholic school for kindergarten and 1st grade. Only took that long for my parents to realize I wasn't going to along with the penguins (nuns). Always thought that ritual was sort of cannibalistic.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Catherine Adelle @Catadelle
20 March, 03:24
I was not brought up in a religion, I was free to chose as I wanted to believe. The wafer and juice/blood does not sit well with me, "you will not make it to heaven unless I dunk you in water and you eat the body and drink the blood of Christ", sounds like and Unholy ritual to me, and I mean NO offence to those who believe in that. Baptism seems more of a ritual, symbol like a wedding ring is to marriage ? What gives any man more power than you to talk to God, is God not within..... Also the saying of "I am God Fearing " why would God want you to fear ?, so you will be obedient ? I say "God Faring " sounds better, isn't it about love, and fear is the opposite.

Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
20 March, 03:14
When I was a kid sometimes we had to go to my grandparents Church of Christ!
It would scare the shit out of me when they would have that and ALWAYS tell everyone there, " If you have not been Baptised in the church and take of the wine and bread you will go straight to hell"
Fear based bullshit!
I have been in God's presence twice in my 65 yrs and the God I met would never say such a thing!
Humans made that shit up to keep ppl in fear!

Faye Muth @abundanceacres
21 March, 11:41
In response Angels Here -Z to her Publication
I grew up in that church. At 18 I was seeing through the dogma to the truth of control and money, not faith and love.

Fleur Vert @grenouille9
22 March, 06:03
In response Angels Here -Z to her Publication
I think babtising is more mend to be a ritual for those who did evil and now are very sorry for it. After repenting and saying sorry, this ritual could clear their quilty feelings, so they can start a new life?

Yankee Carolyn @YankeeCarolyn
20 March, 02:58
Well that's the controversy of catholicism's trans-substantiation, but other Christians under protestant theologies aren't all taught that.