Martin Geddes @martingeddes
Are people on Substack paying me for the writing, or for me to have life experiences worth writing about? I have always written in the same way hens lay eggs. Just has to come out somehow. Living is the costly bit.
08:15 AM - Jan 24, 2023
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
Ken Mac @KenMac
24 January, 10:22
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
Cernovich yesterday on writing —

“Writing looks cool because writers center cool characters in stories who are also writers. John Boy in The Waltons was a writer. Stand By Me was narrated by a writer. That's the image people have in their mind's eye when they decide they want to be a writer.

Writing that people want to read results from psychological or spiritual trauma that you are prepared to share with the world.

Are you ready to talk openly about the worst events that have happened to you? Are you capable of channeling the pain to use it as a source of energy? If not, then why would anyone read you?

Writers can't not write. It's therapy. That's why people who ask how to write are admitting that they don't want to be writers. They'd already have a huge volume of work. It might not be that great. It may need an editor. But it would exist.

Writing is a terrible profession for people who are smart enough to do it well. That's why only head cases are writers.”

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Haint Blue @HaintBlue
24 January, 08:22
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
Probably a mixed bag, but I believe it is your command of the language that really captures people. It is beautiful not unlike your photos. You were born with an it factor. And it is something you share whether you realize it or not.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396