Only Forward @Callibird
06 January, 02:29
does anybody else feel like they want to cry, scream, and laugh all at the same time today?!
situation: moved work/home to property owned by someone I know from church. I was told that there are “a few things that need to be done”. Wrong. pool and hot tub heating system need to be replaced, no flooring or light foxture in the office, no smoke alarms, half of the house needs repainted, tile and grout were black, there are rats and house mice, the dryer has burning smell/unuseable, master sinks do not work and clogged, master shower light does not work, no bar in the master closet to hang my clothes.

I’ve paid rent in November & December because my friend/landlord told me that she would have everything done by January. we’re both single ladies so I was trying to be understanding. Nothing is done.So ive decided im not paying for january and getting everything done myself. enough is enough. any thoughts on how to handle the conversation with the most love possible? 💖🙏🏻😩 #prayforme

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Holly Brewer @Hollys_Homes
07 January, 12:30
In response Only Forward to her Publication
I would download a copy of your state’s rental laws, compare to your rental agreement and navigate from there. All rental agreements have an out clause for both parties, however documentation is KEY! Pictures, copies of texts & emails showing your efforts in trying to resolve said issues! Copies of estimates for repairs, & remediation of all harmful living conditions. Definitely seek advice from an attorney. If you don’t have the money to pay for one, you could probably find one that would do it pro-bono.
If you’re adamant on staying, then make a list of items that need to be done first to make the place livable until you can get the other items fixed, cleaned or addressed. There maybe a Habitat For Humanity in your area that could help you as well. Another option: You could also contact a realtor & they could help you find another rental.
Question: What was the reason given by said friend/landlord of why these repairs had not been done?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Only Forward @Callibird
07 January, 01:27
In response Holly Brewer to her Publication
thank you for the advice. good confirmation. ive done the things you listed 🙌🏻💖✨

she said that she was overwhelmed. she also canceled three times when she said she would be down the past two months.

i spoke with her this morning. we are going to do a walk theough today when they “are done for the day” and i am going to do the repairs. i told her the law and that i dont want to take her to court but the next stepmwould be a mediation with our womens pastor because i am hurt and do not trust her word. she lied to me and is not saying or doing anything about it.

most importantly i prayed for her and myself and covered us under His blood and love. 🙏🏻

ill update after our final walk through. biggest lesson is abiding in the oeace of God in the midst of neglect, lies, manipulation and intimidation.

SLAVES NO MORE! on EVERY level!

Holly Brewer @Hollys_Homes
Part of my prayer for her would be for the Lord to convict her heart until she does whats right! Regardless of what she’s had to go through, she is providing a service & in this case a house, that by law, is required to have in a particular condition. If you have to pay for these items, then rent should be adjusted accordingly (of course with proof via pictures) to show they’re being done by the book. If she doesnt plan on adjusting your rent, consider doing only whats necessary to live there for now until you can find a better place! Remember, you’re soaking your hard earned money into a property that is ultimately not yours and there is no way for you to recoup that investment.
Praying for you & your situation. 🙏🏼
03:53 PM - Jan 08, 2023
In response Only Forward to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Hollys_Homes in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Holly Brewer, click on at the bottom under it