The Qake Lady @QakeLady
04 January, 02:38
πŸ˜“ It is with great sadness I am officially closing my Small Cake Business after 10 years of hard work.. I am totally heartbroken and in tears.

The establishments agenda has been to wipe out Small Businesses and the middle class hard working Americans trying to make ends meet in this ridiculous economy and they have succeeded once again here.

I tried every avenue I could but I just can't afford the cost to stay in business any longer. I raised prices to accommodate the last three years of growing costs and I have exhausted all options.
Please pray for me that I will find a job for now that I can at least have a steady income?

Thank you for all of your kind words and compliments on the posts I did of my designs over the last 2 years. It meant to world to me. Now I am going to go have a good cry and pray...πŸ™

Love to you all.πŸ’“ The former QakeLadyπŸ˜₯

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Here KittyKitty @HereKittyKitty
04 January, 03:11
In response The Qake Lady to her Publication
If it helps, you are not alone.
I had a business for two decades. It was a beautiful little retail store; we sold music boxes and jewelry and home fragrances; all sorts of lovely things. The place was a visual feast, and gave me a much-needed creative outlet. It wasn't work; it was fun!

During the Obama years, it became apparent that I would have to close the store. It wasn't as devastating to me as you may think, only because I was awake and aware at that time, and knew that everything was headed downhill. I also knew I would eventually need to move to higher ground. Still, I watched long time customers come in before we closed the doors for good; so many told me they would come into the store to relax when they had a hard week. On two different occasions, they stood there and cried.

It was wonderful, but it was for a season.
When everything is in a state of upheaval, you can't carry a business on your shoulders; you have to save yourself. πŸ˜•πŸ™

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Only people mentioned by QakeLady in this post can reply
Here KittyKitty @HereKittyKitty
04 January, 05:49
In response The Qake Lady to her Publication
Just keep in mind, you and I haven't lost the abilities that we had to open a business, nor have we lost our creativity!!!
There are brighter days ahead; we just have to trudge through the muck and the mire to get to the other side of the swamp.
When existing corrupt systems fall, everything will have to be rebuilt.
THAT is where we come in again, with the experience and the knowledge that we still have from before. ✨😎
Only this time, it will be different.

I opened my business for the love of it; sounds like you did too. But almost all businesses struggle financially for the first few years, which brings stress in place of fun πŸ˜•
If what they are saying is true -- that no one will have to worry about finances when this is over -- then we will be opening businesses for the PASSION of it, rather than for financial reward.
And that is worth the wait! 😊😊

The Qake Lady @QakeLady
04 January, 07:35
In response Here KittyKitty to her Publication
I Agree to all of that, I worked hard for all these years and actually I've been baking since I was 5..passion started in Grandmas kitchen..
I will always be a Baker and make people happy again with my creativity, and passion but for now I can no longer do it for a living. You are so right, we did good and it will pay off eventually for us once again....

I haven't been in the Corp world for 10 years, and this is NOT the same world so I'm a bit nervous I won't be taken serious for the 40 years of customer service, accounting and business administration I also have under my belt and now I'm considered older too, it shows on the resume.
Eh, what can I do? This is in Gods hands..
I'm ready for whatever God wants of me. πŸ™
Thank you again for your support and encouragement, means a lotπŸ’“ Lots to consider and hope for.πŸ™Œ