Chonita Nigus @Chonita
03 October, 10:36
What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Heather Steel384 @Heathers384
I was in a very abusive relationship and I'm not sure I can even explain why I stayed. The abuser would often tell me he was going to kill me and how, ywt I fiercely stood by him. I come from a very loving family who respected each other. I don't know why I stayed with him. Looking back, it was as uf I was in a trance, brainwashed to think I was unworthy. My abuser died in an accident and at the time I didn't feel as though I could live without him, to the point that I attempted suicide. I thank God often that He didn’t take me too and I live each day with gratitude. I never understood why a person would stay with an abuser, nor did I ever think I would be in an abusive relationship. I was a strong, independent woman who had a lot going for me. It is still quite surreal to me that I let myself be in that situation. It is very easy to judge, but difficult to understand.
10:53 PM - Oct 03, 2022
In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Heathers384 in this post can reply
Chonita Nigus @Chonita
03 October, 11:38
In response Heather Steel384 to her Publication
Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry if I sound repetitive by saying that. I am sincere. I think all of you are brave to tell your story. I also think it is good for people to realize they are not alone. There are people here with similar stories. You are all survivors. I am thankful you are here!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Heather Steel384 @Heathers384
04 October, 12:52
In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication
Thank you for asking. I admit, I was a bit triggered, that insecurity and fear I lived with for so long briefly returned when I read your question, but just the little bit I wrote was therapeutic after all these years. I have been married to a wonderful and loving man for the past 15 years and I am so very grateful. There are still times I look over my shoulder and even flinch for a brief moment. It has been a long road with a lot of healing. Even though the bruises and black eyes are long gone, sometimes the memory of what was catches me off guard. I never understood why people stayed in abusive relationships either, until i was there and I don't wish that on anyone. But out of all the bad, fear and abuse, God blessed me with an amazing, kind and loving partner who knows my story and loves me for me, and encourages me to love who I am and have become. So again, thank you for asking and thank you for all who share their stories. We heal together ❤️.